Urs, Martketing Idea

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Real lack of Zebra etc. on Youtube. Why not have a competition for the best Youtube video using U-He software for a free lifetime licence for all future products. You would get a big response and it would not cost you much. I am doing a Masters in Business at the mo and this sprang to mind while I was studying the effectiveness of viral marketing. Trust me in a few weeks forums will be full of links to these vids and sales could rocket for you. Yourself Howard and Micheal K. showing what the software is capable of.

You would be surprised. I was in the biggest music tech shop in Eire today and those dopey git's never even heard of Zebra and I felt the need to spread the word!

The innovative part is the comp.

Good idea. Youtube is not always an efficiently tapped resource...I go there often to see/hear synths...
Presets for u-he Diva -> http://swanaudio.co.uk/

Hrm.

I think Vimeo has more of a "serious musician" base than youtube does, mostly thanks to it's higher quality.

Does anyone know how much attention the ohm force video cohmpetition got? I won one of the prizes (a NFR all-all bundle) with my video on the freebie frohmage, but it didn't seem to generate that much hype for ohmforce... But it definitely should've.

I'm all for competitions and prizes for audio demos, videos, and whatnot though. Mostly because it gives me the chance to get free stuff :P

Edit: Is there anywhere with documentation about skinning zebra, filterscape, mfm, or whatever? (I think zebra and MFM are the only ones with the new switchable skin setup at the moment right? Uhbik can't be skinned like that can it?) A "you skin it, you win it" competition where the best skins made for the product are included in the install as part of the product would be awesome if it's at all feasible (you'd have to be able to skin demos too)

By the way. I am not suggesting that your plugs need a word of mouth boost on KVR but the only video on youtude is the one you did Urs and the No.1 CM music one (That's a cool one). Never knew Zebra was voted the number 1 soft synth. Congrats.

MitchK1989 wrote:it didn't seem to generate that much hype for ohmforce... But it definitely should've.
Well, it came right before the group buy, which generated a huge amount of hype (at least judging by how many points it got up to), so it may just have been overshadowed by that. Probably a lot of people who got in on that group buy did watch the videos first (I did).

First of all, Uhbik can be skinned. Just reverse engineer from Zebra/MFM2 and from info on u-he.net/scripting

I'm working on videos in the background like you ain't ever seen :hihi:

(I have all Lego Star Wars exclusive sets and then some, and scripts for making cool promotional films, just hardly any time atm. I even have the robotics stuff set up for computer automated camera movements)

Return to “u-he”