AFTERSkool

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I hope you guys have fun with the AFTERskool soundset. I tried to make a set which would have something for Oldskool users and for new users starting out with AFTERskool only. If you have any questions regarding why or how about patches then feel free to ask away :)

Right now i'm recharging doing nothing, mostly because i have to switch to a new DAW. I do this roughly once a year and i hate the process but its good for clearing my mind and starting out fresh.

Have fun :)

/Michael
www.xsynth.com - Sound Synthesis with Vintage flavour

auricle wrote:
hakey wrote:Just one minor thing - UK sales tax is 15%, not the 19% that share-it adds. :roll:

That aside, there's some nice, usable sounds in there. :)
Yes, but Share-It is based in Germany so it has to use the 19% VAT rate.
If I was a US buyer, then the transaction would be carried out as though the purchase were being made in the US, logically one might therefore assume that for UK buyers the transaction would be carried out as though in the UK and VAT calculated at the UK rate. Anyway, it's 70p so no big deal.

(It may be better to state right out that the advertised price doesn't include 19% sales tax for EU members, rather than leaving it until one gets to the checkout.)

hakey wrote:(It may be better to state right out that the advertised price doesn't include 19% sales tax for EU members, rather than leaving it until one gets to the checkout.)
It *is* written on both pages (the soundset overview and the dedicated AFTERskool page) as well as on the ShareIt pages. It isn't written as the final price but marked "*) all prices +19% VAT if ordered in the EU." - which I think is okay :)

The EU system has become a bit weird ever since credit card processors have become retailers (the switch happened roughly 18 months ago). There's basically no chance to get around the German VAT. My policy here is to add it on top of the price if the Euro is more than 20% stronger than the US Dollar. Once the Euro is less than 1.20 Dollar I'll have it included. These were difficult decisions to make, but the weakness of the dollar left me no other choice. Otherwise I would have had to switch to Euro pricing which would have been a disadvantage for way more people :-|

Nevertheless, we're considering to change systems all together, i.e. have proper boxed retail in Oz, US and EU, maybe Japan. I have to do the final switch to the new serial scheme though and then we'll start building our own distribution system - we want to deliver to selected shops directly, without losing 30-50% on greedy distributors (which in the end can't do the support they claim to do). The webshop would of course stay alive, but there would be alternatives :-o

Later,

;) Urs

Urs wrote:It isn't written as the final price but marked "*) all prices +19% VAT if ordered in the EU." - which I think is okay :)
You're right - I did see that, but assumed it was for the Transmission soundset only (the soundset descriptions are separated by lines and the tax statement appears to 'belong' to the Transmission description).

Honestly, its only 70p! I just hope that your government spends it wisely :wink:

hakey wrote: Honestly, its only 70p! I just hope that your government spends it wisely :wink:
right :hihi:

mkastrup wrote:I hope you guys have fun with the AFTERskool soundset. I tried to make a set which would have something for Oldskool users and for new users starting out with AFTERskool only. If you have any questions regarding why or how about patches then feel free to ask away :)

Right now i'm recharging doing nothing, mostly because i have to switch to a new DAW. I do this roughly once a year and i hate the process but its good for clearing my mind and starting out fresh.

Have fun :)

/Michael
Hi Michael, bought it and tried it. Very high quality as usual! There's some absolute gems of patches in there! I love your skill of making such great sounds from only a couple or even one module!! :o

Well done to you, sir and well done to Urs for another great release.

hakey wrote:
auricle wrote:
hakey wrote:Just one minor thing - UK sales tax is 15%, not the 19% that share-it adds. :roll:

That aside, there's some nice, usable sounds in there. :)
Yes, but Share-It is based in Germany so it has to use the 19% VAT rate.
If I was a US buyer, then the transaction would be carried out as though the purchase were being made in the US, logically one might therefore assume that for UK buyers the transaction would be carried out as though in the UK and VAT calculated at the UK rate. Anyway, it's 70p so no big deal.

(It may be better to state right out that the advertised price doesn't include 19% sales tax for EU members, rather than leaving it until one gets to the checkout.)
Actually, the EU is set up so that VAT is always based on the nation of the SELLER, not the buyer, but when selling to a nation outside of the EU (such as the USA or Canada) you don't have to pay VAT at all.

Great, great, GREAT patches, Michael. Thanks! :)
"Enough Spyro Gyra and you're hoping you'll be killed in a knife fight."
-- Chris in the morning

Best batch yet IMO. Absolutely love the Unstable Harmonium. Many Thanks.

Has anybody been able to buy via Share-it by entering his username and password ? It never shows up on any of the PCs I use. I always have to enter all my personal information again.
Can't wait to buy Afterschool :help:

Wanterkeelt wrote:Has anybody been able to buy via Share-it by entering his username and password ? It never shows up on any of the PCs I use. I always have to enter all my personal information again.
Can't wait to buy Afterschool :help:
Sorry, I wanted to look into it but the installer issues took up some time. I might have time to concentrate on this tomorrow after sending out Zebra V2.3.1

Cheers,

;) Urs

Got it...very sweet. Highly recommended. Thanks Michael.
Fig Newton: The force required to accelerate a fig 39.37 inches per sec.

It worked :)
I'm totally astonished by the two Ethereal patches (A and B). Only one oscillator and such great sounds :hail: :hail:
I'll definitely have to try to make some similar sounds.

Return to “u-he”