Os, what exactly is the purpose(s) of the multi-looper sript

Official support for: expertsleepers.co.uk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hy.
I want to know what exactly is the purpose(s) of the multi-looper sript, and especially what is the function of each midi note on.
I had a look to the script, but it's not clear for me.
Thanks.

Hi,

I assume you read the comment at the top of the script:
This script is an example of how you can use the setOthersParameter() function to create a multi-plug-in looping system.
To use this as intended you will need to load four copies of Augustus Loop into your host app, and set the OSC Port on them to the values 1 to 4. Then configure your MIDI routing to send incoming MIDI to just one of the four.
So the idea is, other more 'traditional' (read: more similar to the EDP) loopers have this concept of multiple loops running at once. Augustus Loop only has one loop (since it's based on a tape looper paradigm). However, you can easily just load up multiple Augustus Loops in your host app, and voila, you have multiple loops. The problem then is how to control them as a single system, rather than as multiple unconnected plug-ins.

This is the point of the multilooper script. It lets you route all your MIDI controls through one plug-in, which decides which of the multiple plug-ins should respond to any particular MIDI message, so from the user's point of view, all the plug-ins act as a single system.

The various note-ons:

76: A one-time initialisation function, that sets up some parameters on the various plug-ins in some appropriate way. Optional - you could do the same with presets, or just saving these settings into your song file.

77/78: One plug-in is considered the 'current' plug-in (to put it another way, there is a 'current' loop) to which all the other commands are routed. This pair of MIDI messages lets you step up & down between the loops.

79: Toggles whether the current loop is 'open' for recording i.e. it sets its input level parameter to 0.0 or 1.0.

80: Toggles the Freeze Loop parameter on the current loop.

81: Initiates a Clear Loop on the current loop.

Is that clearer?

Is that clearer?
Yes sir!
Much clearer.
I could have test it and see what happened by myself, but I thought your explanation would be more time saving.
I just have a "2 pedals" system for my looping (wich works great with the exemple.lua script), so this won't be easy with this multi looping since I buy a real midi foot controller.
Anyway, thanks for your explanation.
Long life to expert sleepers.

Return to “Expert Sleepers”