Editing Scripts?

Official support for: expertsleepers.co.uk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm trying to change the default midi script because I'm using a Roland FC-300 midi foot controller and it can not assign a CC message over 95 to a pedal.

I have one expression pedal assigned cc #22 so I change the input level so I can have control over when I start my looping. (thanks oz)

Now I would like to thave one of the foot pedals be mapped to clear loop..... but the default cc number is 100 for clear loop and I need to get it down to at least 95 to be able to assign a pedal to clear loop.

I created a script folder in library/application/expert sleepers/augustus loop/scripts

Then I downloaded the default midi script and opened it up in text edit.

I changed [100] = getParameterID( "Clear Loop" ),
to

[95] = getParameterID( "Clear Loop" ),

thinking this would do the trick but it didn't work when I started live and augustus loop back up. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

If you want to actually change the default behaviour you'll have to edit the default script in place - open up the plug-in package, navigate down to the Resources file and edit the file midi.lua.

Maybe I need to add the ability to disable/replace the built-in script, especially for Windows users where editing the bundled script isn't an option.

It worked great. Now I got my fc-300 mapped out nicely.

For anyone else who tries make sure you close and reopen live before changes take effect.

Thanks OZ

Return to “Expert Sleepers”