Starting loops

Official support for: expertsleepers.co.uk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have read the manual but I'm still not sure I undertsand the trigger level.

I really like augustus loop so far but I wondering how to keep it from recording until you want it too. It seems like its always looping from the moment you set monitoring to 'in' for your audio channel in live. I guess I'm just used to the 'rec' button in other loopers.

I do have it set to host tempo so I can have the rhythm locked into live's metronome click. I guess I'm looking for a way to be playing along with Ableton's metronome click and then kick in augustus to start looping when you decide you would like to start looping. Then I could hit freeze loop and have my loop locked down.

After messing with it some more I realized I can map one of my foot controller pedals to the 'device activator' button for Augustus within the ableton live plug-in panel. Is this the normal way to accomplish this or there a way within augustus loop.

I hope I made sense:)

The easiest way to do what you want, if I understand you correctly, would be to automate the "Input Level" control. Set it to zero when you don't want to loop the input, and set it to 1.0 while you want to be recording.

Thanks Oz.

Soooo obvious. I was thinking way too hard about it:)

Todd

It's a common source of confusion! People are way too used to their Echoplexes :)

Return to “Expert Sleepers”