RMV-Feature Request

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

When building up a kit from raw samples there is one job that takes ages (and causes finger fatigue !!)
It's excellent that we can select a whole bunch of samples at one time (even non-contiguous) and when we press Load, all the samples get stacked up in the pad.
But the boring bit is the velocity value setup.

It would be really cool if, on loading samples in this way, estimated velocity values could be automatically generated.
Maybe with a preference switch on whether you prefer lowest values at top, or at bottom.

So if I import 6 samples onto a single pad, the velocity values generated might be :
1 - 20
21 - 40
41 - 60
61 - 80
81 - 100
101 - 127

Even though the automatic values might not be exactly right - they would be close enough to save much mouse-work when creating a whole kit !!

Lastly, with all the effects / eq's etc now available, it's not easy (if you load a kit that has many effects set up) .. should you want to remove ALL the effects (to get a clean kit and start over with the fx).

A "Remove All Effects / EQ's" button(s) would be a real time saver !!

Thanks Peter & co. for bringing my favourite drum sampler up to date.

Ok, makes sense, i add it to the list :-)

Thanks Peter

Tony, with version 5.0.1you will be able to click the "vel" title and a menu will appear. The menu will allow you to pich either to "auto-vel" the amount of existing samples either upward or downward, the way you described.

Excellent Peter, nice way to do it without adding more clutter.
I shall save my next sampling marathon till I get the new version.

Regarding the 32 voices limit that I mentioned in the other thread ...
I currently use Halion3 for most of my Percussion samples, and RMIV for the drum kits (mixture of library samples, and some of my own.)

Now we have 48 pads, I thought I'd set up some mixed kits on the RMV only. As soon as I tried using the first one that I set up, I noticed the lost crash / ride problem,due to note stealing.
CPU load, even when stealing is happening, is LOW here (with only a little FX used yet I admit) .. samples are ram loaded so polyphony has no effect on ram or disc usage .. just cpu.
Currently we have more Pads that Polyphony !!
(using slices too... potentially Loads more...)
I know you know what you're doing (we've been conversing since RM2 IIRC) but in my personal opinion an option of 48, or 64 note poly would be more realistic (as long as it doesn't cause any other problems that I'm not aware of !!)

Sorry to go on here .. but just to agree with you on the midi Key nimber being per pad rather than per sample .. much easier to set up kits & generally play around with so a good choice in my opinion.

Stability good under Cubase 4 so far. Will keep you informed if I find anything else, or more concete examples of the other things that I mentioned earlier.
Thanks Peter.

Oh yes .. one last thing..
Under Cubase 4 now you can turn on/off certain outputs from any Vsti.
The current 8 in 8 out setup actually seems fine for all uses as far as I'm concerned.. so please don't worry about other "Flavors" .. if you mean multiple dlls with different output configs. unless other people are hassling you for this.. (I mean don't do it just because I mentioned it) because I for one am happy with the output config as it is. Maybe a poll is in order though, as I don't know how other hosts deal with this (and I guess I can just hide the dlls that I don't want to use !!) .. just thinking of the work involvedfor you !! (everytime you release an update, you have to do, what, 4 different versions !! ..)

Return to “LinPlug”