Tablet 2 Midi - Where did you go, OHM? Is this a dead app?

Official support for: livelab.dk
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

1.5 years since you touched Tablet 2 Midi...
I was very impressed, when I first $paid for it. Your support to begin with was awesome. However, you seem to have left this project behind. That makes me sad.
I was hoping for a few improvements - to allow my mackie emulation to work better.
Will you be coming back to this any time soon or is this app a dead end?
I hope you will come back to it soon.
I know you have been tied up with LiveSlice, but 1.5 years is really a long time...

flip aka kip
Home of KeyMce
Many Bcr2000 Presets
GenMce

I'm well aware, I've been neglecting Tablet2Midi - Thing is, It never sold very well unfortunately, and I've stopped using it myself.

I do, howewer, take your friendly request seriously, and I will definately try and find the time to dig out the old tablet, and work on an update.

So hang in there, and maybe, post a summary of the most requested features / fixes in the Tablet 2 Midi thread - that should help me get started.

Cheers
http://www.livelab.dk - slice up your life

ohm wrote:I'm well aware, I've been neglecting Tablet2Midi - Thing is, It never sold very well unfortunately, and I've stopped using it myself.

I do, howewer, take your friendly request seriously, and I will definately try and find the time to dig out the old tablet, and work on an update.

So hang in there, and maybe, post a summary of the most requested features / fixes in the Tablet 2 Midi thread - that should help me get started.

Cheers
Thank you!

I will post back with some suggestions, very soon.
Home of KeyMce
Many Bcr2000 Presets
GenMce

flipotto wrote:
ohm wrote:I'm well aware, I've been neglecting Tablet2Midi - Thing is, It never sold very well unfortunately, and I've stopped using it myself.

Cheers
Thank you!

I will post back with some suggestions, very soon.
I would like to be able to select the relative value that is sent out.
I have a mackie emulation however, the pan does not work very well.
I set up a slider with relative output, I want the values going up and down to be adjustable. So that the range is achieved faster.
For example in ableton Live if i use the slider it moves way to slow.
I have done several other mackie emulations - bcr2000 and Genmce that doing the following works - so
I need to be able to change the output or have some kind of speed modifier.
Right now the value going up is 1 and 65 going down. Now it works, but I have to lift the pen and move it more than 3 times to get the full range of say pan.
I need to be able to adjust the relative output values up to as high as; slider up = 6 fixed value out and slider down = 71 fixed value out. which may be too coarse...
Maybe just having an add amount, like +1, +2, +3, +4, +5 so that value coming out will make the knob go faster, that can be selected.
So if i set the control to relative aand +3 i get up=4;down=68.
That was, really the biggest request I had. I would make my emulation complete.

Kip
Others have other requests.

Is it possible to have a pitchbend like controller where the value goes back to the standard pitch when the finger is released?
Like a spring, or starting value and return.

oh and a lock position for editing parameter without f**king with the size and pos. of the elements.

There are also some suggestions (perhaps already asked) :
- the values of XY Pads are sent even if the cursor is otside of the shape from several pixels, which can be a problem when they are put side by side, especially is they are thin (see an example here http://mediasonie.free.fr/temp/keyboard1.t2m )
- a grouping function of objects will be very useful
- when we select a note event, the note number is fixed and the velocity is the variable. It will be intersting to have also the contrary, a fixed velocity and the note number as the variable (so two type of event : note vel and note number ?). Why not, the possibility to have the note number and the note velocity as two events in the same object ?
- the possibility to have only one configuration panel open at a time, perhaps when Control+double click an object the others are closed ? (useful when obects are close or overlap)
- the possibility to send a variable prog change value
... and other things to follow.

That is pretty much a summary.
Home of KeyMce
Many Bcr2000 Presets
GenMce

any news?
I hate to nag... really ... I only need my first request the relative midi output adjustment (above), so I can have a fully functional mackie emulation from the tablet.
Please!!!!
Home of KeyMce
Many Bcr2000 Presets
GenMce

Return to “Livelab.dk”