Request for suona sample set

Official support for: chineekong.com & kongaudio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Mr. Shan, ni hao

Just downloaded the free ChineeKong set – fabulous!

Since I'm married to a Chinese lady and will probably live at least half-time in Shanghai in a couple of years, I've become very interested in Chinese music.

My favourite is the suona, which would be fabulous for 'fusion blues' soloing, for example. (A suona, for those of you not familiar with it, is a traditional doble reed wind instrument, deceptively simple looking and with a huge, rather nasal and somewhat piercing tonal palette; a little like an oboe on acid...).

I realize it's a difficult instrument to sample due to the enormous range of articulations possible. But if it were easy, anybody could do it...

A sampled instrument seems to be my only option, since my wife has declared suona practice in our home a potential grounds for divorce. ;-)

Please consider the suona!

Best regards,

//Joey

Spitfire31 wrote: A sampled instrument seems to be my only option, since my wife has declared suona practice in our home a potential grounds for divorce. ;-)
Heheheh, I know exactly what you mean! :hihi:

Hi Joey,

We feel for you. :hihi:

We do hope to cover suona at some point in the future. But we have a few other projects that are higher on the list...so you have to allow us some time.

Joey,your wife is right! you can not performance the suona in your house :x

Kongaudio wrote:Joey,your wife is right! you can not performance the suona in your house :x
When I am learning a new instrument I usually shut my self in a insolated practice room to protect the ears of others from what can only be described as "squawks", "quacks", or "blats" (of course, the exact nomenclature of these cacophonic noises depend on the instrument I'm learning) .

20 odd years ago I bought a souna when I lived in an apartment. I thought it would be quiter than my tenor sax. Once I figured out how to play it - oh my god, its the loudest thing on the planet! It really sounds great when yo run it thru a bunch of delay..........but never, never quiet!

A bump that might be of interest to some... :)

:clap: A thousand xie xie!

Now I HAVE to get a PC, or rather, wake up the BootCamp partition on my MacBook Pro!

The demo is just great! Now, where did I hide my VISA card...

I'll inform my wife, after I've installed it. :hihi:

Best,
Joey

Return to “Kong Audio”