Special Request

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

:help:
Tim - I have a special request. I really want to design and archive some presets of my own. I'm asking you because I'm quite certain one of the DAWs you use is Tracktion and, more than likely, you have more experience in this area than anyone on the planet!

I use Tracktion and I've tried and tried but I just can't seem to get my head around creating a preset or a bank of presets to work properly.

If I change a preset and then hit the save button in the preset properties panel in Tracktion, Tracktion just seems to temporarily overwrite the source preset. I get the same results when I use the program button, go to the top of the list and then use "... rename current program".

I'll create a preset that I like from another preset and use the save ("save a preset (fxp) file...") in the properties panel and that works fine. However, when I reload the newly created preset, Tracktion loads a preset with the new sound but with the name of the source preset in slot #1.

What am I missing? Does the synth need to be initialized or cleared of all presets in some way before I can begin?

I would be eternally grateful, if you would please share some tips on this process? :help:
D Scarlatti, Dell XPS8700 i7/8gb mem/1tb hd/Steiny UR22/Presonus ER5s/Nektar LX61 kbd ctrlr/Win 10 Pro/S1 4.6/ my music here: https://www.magix.info/us/profile/my-profile/media/

Hi Integratron

This is a process that can be used for any VST , as it is not a particular VST, but ALL VST's. I would use MiniHost to do this , as it has excellent tools for creating your own banks. Do not use Tracktions method, as it is specific to Tracktion ( I believe) and it's also easier using Toby's MiniHost

If the plug uses FXP and FXB for it's standard, then do this:

1. Create a cool patch.
2. on MiniHost, go to Presets, then Rename Preset. Give the preset a unique name.There are some conventions to naming, although no fast rule. I usually add a 3 letter prefix at the beginning such as PAD, LED, BAS, ect so it catagorizes the preset. At the end of the name, I put in my initials.
3. Then, on MiniHost, go to presets/Save preset. Fortunatly, it remembers what you named the presets as a file name, so you don't need to retype it( like you do on other hosts)Save the preset as an FXP. It might also be wise to create a new folder in the folder the plug is in, so you know where it is, and put any new presets there.
4. Once you get a bunch of FXPs in the folder, go to Presets/ Show Preset Manager
5. On the preset manager, select Load preset, and browse to your FXP folder with your newly created presets. Select ALL of them by hitting the first preset, then shift click on the last. Then go OK, and all of those presets will load into the bank.
6. Select Save bank, and give your bank a unique name.

More discussion is here:

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... sc&start=0

There ya go.

Tim

Thanks for the great info Tim! I knew there had to be an easier way! :tu:
D Scarlatti, Dell XPS8700 i7/8gb mem/1tb hd/Steiny UR22/Presonus ER5s/Nektar LX61 kbd ctrlr/Win 10 Pro/S1 4.6/ my music here: https://www.magix.info/us/profile/my-profile/media/

Return to “AlgoMusic”