ComboSister MAC Beta-Testing.

Official support for: nusofting.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

8) dont' worry about the cpu usage. that build it still compiled for debugging so it's not optimized. i'm still waiting for some files from william so i can update it to 1.36, and after i do that i'll do an optimized compile so the cpu usage should go down.

TennesseeVic wrote: Another issue: there are a bunch of sounds that have a nasty distortion / cross-modulation / beats / whatever if you play a couple of notes. Is that also authentic?
do you mean presets? can you please tell which ones, so we can compare with the Windows version?

thanks

TennesseeVic wrote:Something wrong with the Sus button: hit one chord, hit the next before it's faded away, and you get a strange stuttering distortion. This must be a polyphony problem, because it's easier to produce the more notes in your chord. With 16 voice polyphony I can not hit two 4-note chords close after each other without getting this problem.

About the GUI: the words Vibrato and Tremolo should be placed higher or something. Now it's like they only belong to the knob they're next to, whereas they belong to the two knobs plus the switch.

Also about the GUI: I think the choice of bright for button off and dimmed for button on is a little misguided.
for Sus issue we are checking,

about the words Vibrato and Tremolo, thanks for the tip, it can be good to move them up,

about the shadow on button tabs on, it's all raytraced and that's natural since light comes from top left,

to have them shadowed when they are off, light should come from bottom making also the shadow of knobs going up,

liqih wrote:about the shadow on button tabs on, it's all raytraced and that's natural since light comes from top left,
Sure, but it's confusing.

About the distortion: it seem to come mostly from the Booster switch. The default patch, Rocker, and a whole bunch of others have it. Play a single note and it's fine, play a triad and it distorts. Play major second, and it really distorts. Again, maybe the original organs did it like this.

Fun little organ, btw. I'm not sure that I would buy it, because it's very idiosyncratic, and I don't think I need that sort of sound. I might pick it up as a "just in case" if the price were lower.

Here's a little demo of ComboSister. Now that's what I call a cheese machine!

V.

thanks for the mp3 Vic, downloading now (modem here)

about the button I see your point,

for the Booster, it's a monophonic effect so it distorts badly chords of course, now I didn't tried the Mac version, since I don't own a Mac,
there may be difference between the result of the Booster effect in the version compiled for Mac compared to the original one for Windows, where
the Booster is a soft distortion, we will check that

Luigi, the PC to MAC code got no changes on the Sound-Engine. But Lee is going to compare both this week.

About the BOOSTER, is suposed to DISTORT, maybe TennesseeVic didn't get what BOOSTER is all about. ;)

About the Sound-Quality, well, ComboSister is allready one of the most used Organs on the VST arena, what we are doing here is just a port from PC to MAC since we got SEVERAL people asking for it. :D And the price is allready ridiculous low. ComboSister V2.0 that will come next will have a higher price with more options indeed. :P

Regards, WilliamK

WilliamK wrote:About the BOOSTER, is suposed to DISTORT, maybe TennesseeVic didn't get what BOOSTER is all about. ;)
Well, I never had any hardware like this, and you didn't include a manual in the beta test bundle, so I think I can be forgiven for not digging the essentially grooviness of that far out Booster, like, button :wink:

Did you like the demo tune? I had a fun afternoon with it.

thanks for all the comments. the 1.36 beta will be out today, and it will have a manual and all that. that will make things easier. i didn't have the manual at the time that i made that one.

TennesseeVic wrote:Well, I never had any hardware like this, and you didn't include a manual in the beta test bundle, so I think I can be forgiven for not digging the essentially grooviness of that far out Booster, like, button :wink: Did you like the demo tune? I had a fun afternoon with it.
Ohh, sorry about that, I tought you allready know ComboSister and its features. :oops: And yes, we forgot the manual, but Lee is updating the synth asap.

The Demo is pretty fun bud! I just miss a bit of Reverber on the Organ, but that's my problem, I'm a Reverber-Maniac! :lol:

Regards, WilliamK

i just sent the 1.36 beta to william, so hopefully it should be available soon. i didn't use packagemaker on this one, so just drag the vst in the .dmg to your vst folder. this is the preferred method of installion by apple anyways for smaller apps. the manual, readme, and liscense agreement are now included as well. :o

NEW BETA UPDATE 1.36 (Beta-2)

It will ask for a SERIAL NUMBER, email me so I send you the info. (I will create an unique SN for each user, so keep in a safe location)

It includes the MANUAL and README files.

This version saves presets and is FULL operational.

Regards, WilliamK

Guys, just a notice about the SN number, you have to TYPE it up. For now we have no solution on how to make the Copy/Past to work, sorry about that.

OS9 version will be released in some weeks from today, but is on the ways.

Best Regards, WilliamK

FINAL PRODUCT TO BE RELEASED TODAY!

Thanxs a lot for all the help testing the product. The only problem we found is related to the SerialNumber and Copy/Paste not working, but is a global problem for most VSTs.

Best Regards, WilliamK

william, sorry that i didnt reply the last days ... but, as usual, i´m still under os9. combosisters is really nice ... well done!
putte

Return to “NUSofting”