Question about presets on tubilesax 1.2 (resolved)

Official support for: nusofting.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Ttoz, did you tried the file I asked you to? ;)

Regards, WilliamK

WilliamK wrote:Ttoz, did you tried the file I asked you to? ;)

Regards, WilliamK
yeah i did, the problem is not fixed..

what exactly do you want me to tell you about the pop up messages?

Ttoz, I don't think you understand the beta I asked you to test. It has no fixes for the problem, since I can't find the problem. It only shows POPUP messages telling you first the SoundSet NUMBER (-1) EG: 0 means 01, 1 means 02 and so on... and also the PATH where the SAX.DASHsnd is located for THAT SoundSet. So please, check if when you load a FLUTE Presets, it shows 2 popup-messages like this:

c:\(your VST DIR)\SAX DATA\05-Flute\Sax.DASHsnd

And that it PLAYES the flute sound.

Cause I will need more information from LogicAudio users, so I can check what is going on.

Just for the records. So for on all tests only LogicAudio is giving this problem, and I have no idea why. But we will work this out until we find out why...

Is there a PC DEMO version for Logic that I could test this out? If not, I may contact Logic support to see if I can get a NFR version for the tests... but LogicAudio is not going to be PC supported anymore right? (only MAC?)

Best Regards, WilliamK

sorry, I had to remove my post because it was wrong.
Andreas (I presume my forefathers were apes)

Image Listen to some Monkey-Music

WilliamK wrote:Ttoz, I don't think you understand the beta I asked you to test. It has no fixes for the problem, since I can't find the problem. It only shows POPUP messages telling you first the SoundSet NUMBER (-1) EG: 0 means 01, 1 means 02 and so on... and also the PATH where the SAX.DASHsnd is located for THAT SoundSet. So please, check if when you load a FLUTE Presets, it shows 2 popup-messages like this:

c:\(your VST DIR)\SAX DATA\05-Flute\Sax.DASHsnd

And that it PLAYES the flute sound.

Cause I will need more information from LogicAudio users, so I can check what is going on.

Just for the records. So for on all tests only LogicAudio is giving this problem, and I have no idea why. But we will work this out until we find out why...

Is there a PC DEMO version for Logic that I could test this out? If not, I may contact Logic support to see if I can get a NFR version for the tests... but LogicAudio is not going to be PC supported anymore right? (only MAC?)

Best Regards, WilliamK
ok, i will give you a couple of examples using the new beta..

when i first insert it into a logic instrument track, here are the messages i get, in order:

BETA TESTING VERSION - PLEASE DO NOT DISTRIBUTE!

C:\PROGRAM FILES\EMAGIC\LOGIC5\VSTPLUGINS\SAX DATA\05-Flute\Sax.DASHsnd

Ok, then when i select a preset, for example we will select the very last preset, "Vibrato Flute"

This is what i get:

C:\PROGRAM FILES\EMAGIC\LOGIC5\VSTPLUGINS\SAX DATA\01-Alto Sax\Sax.DASHsnd

so you can see clearly it is loading the wrong soundset for the preset :?

Thanxs Ttoz and Egbert, sorry for all the hazle so far. We will find the problem ASAP and fix this.

Early today I did several tests and went over all the code that we use to find files on the VST directory. But looks like the problem is not there, is something elsewhere. But don't worry, we will track this down. ;)

Best Regards, WilliamK

WillamK wrote:
No it's not..i explained in a previous post but i'll try again...

Chainer Standalone and EnergyXt standalone give me the exact same problem if they are reading the tubile sax vst from ANY folder on the hard drive that is different to the install folder

ok, ,here's 2 examples form the latest beta 2 and the messages..

loading PRESET no 22, "leslie sax", gives me this message:

code = 0 - path = C:\PROGRAM FILES\EMAGIC\LOGIC 5\VSTPLUGINS||SAX DATA\05-Flute\Sax.DASHsnd

Next Example, loading PRESET no.4, "Tenor Sax 1" gives this:

code = 0 - path = C:\PROGRAM FILES\EMAGIC\LOGIC 5\VSTPLUGINS||SAX DATA\02-Alto Sax Velocity\Sax.DASHsnd

Thanxs Ttoz, I know that this is frustating, but believe me, is also hard for me too. ;)

Got the file bud, thanxs. Looks like I finally found the problem. :P

Regards, WilliamK

PROBLEM SOLVED

It was an ordering on the FILE-SYSTEM. Some computers was returning ASC and some DEC (reverse order)

So I took some hours and did a totally new code that doesn't use the FILE-SYSTEM order. Also, it allows users to delete SoundSets they don't use (before you couldn't) so that's even better now.

I will soon update the current TubiLeSax version, I will also make the Installers more inteligent. ;)

Best Regards, WilliamK

WilliamK wrote:PROBLEM SOLVED

It was an ordering on the FILE-SYSTEM. Some computers was returning ASC and some DEC (reverse order)

So I took some hours and did a totally new code that doesn't use the FILE-SYSTEM order. Also, it allows users to delete SoundSets they don't use (before you couldn't) so that's even better now.

I will soon update the current TubiLeSax version, I will also make the Installers more inteligent. ;)

Best Regards, WilliamK
great news! thanks William :D

Return to “NUSofting”