Okay I am lost

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I just bought the Ambient soundset and want to load it into m42 however I can not find the spot to do this. I am using FlStudio 7 as my host. Anyone help me out?

Both the .fxb and .sf2 should be placed in your plugin folder for M42 (\Algomusic\M42\M42_v2\TC_M42_Ambient). The M42_v2 folder resides alongside the M42_V2.dll. Create a TC_M42_Ambient folder (containing .fxb, .sf2 and .txt) inside the M42_v2 folder and you'll be set.

Or is this more host specific and you're just wondering how to load an .fxb while in FL?

I have the files where they need to be but I can't find a way to get the synth to change banks. Right now all I can see are the first set of default presets. There is another bank of defaults I haven't seen nor can I get to my new ones it seems.

Hi Shadoe42

First of all..thanks for getting the Ambient soundset.

In M42, you can change banks by going to the SFO section, and there is a bank selector. Clicking into it brings up B1 thru B4. To access the actual soundfonts in the bank, use the waveform select right above that dialog.

However..does the FXB bank work for you? ( and thanks Bobsled for helping out! )

If you load this bank from its location, it should also load the sf2 at the same time.

Tim

The fxb bank is what I am trying to load but cannot find anywhere to switch from the default one to one of the other ones. I have all these sound presets I just can;t seem to get to :)

Thanks for all your help guys. I am still rather new at the whole synth thing

You do this in your Host. I think you mentioned you are using FL Studio. If you notice..Rhino and WS have their own bank management, so that is why you are confused :-) Not all synths have thier own preset manager and must rely on the host to load regular FXB or FXP patches.

heres how to do it in FL Studio

Open M42 so you see the GUI. Click on the small down arrow button next to the folder icon where it says 'M42vII(Synth)(Stereo).( Far left) A dialog will come down with many selections. Under Preset files, select Import Cubase bank/preset ( FXB and FXP's are regarded as Cubase-Stienberg presets)Browse to where the TC_M42_Ambient.fxb file is and load it.

Then go to the very top left icon next to where it says 'Fruity Wrapper', and pull down the dialog. Select Presets, and you will see the complete M42 Ambient soundset presets.

You can also do this same method for the second bank of M42.

Tim

Well that mostly works but I get a message that says can't load the sf2 file. I have tried moving it to different parts of the m42 directory structure but it doesn;t seem to find it. However the sounds seem to work. Erroneous message?

again thank you so much for the assist.

shadoe42 wrote:Well that mostly works but I get a message that says can't load the sf2 file. I have tried moving it to different parts of the m42 directory structure but it doesn;t seem to find it. However the sounds seem to work. Erroneous message?

again thank you so much for the assist.
Hi again

This sounds like you do not have the files in the correct place then. Here is where they should be: ( disregard my place for my VST folder if yours is different)

C:\VSTPlugins\M42PackageFull\M42V2\M42_v2\TC_M42_Ambient

Inside that TC_M42_Ambient folder should be TC_M42_Ambient.SF2 and TC_M42_Ambient.FXB along with the TC_M42_Ambient.txt

It should work like this. Also make sure you do not have copies of M42 in your VST folder, becuase the host could get confused :-) Read the TXT file for more clarification as well. I just tried this in FL studio to make sure, and it all works( and re-exploring the sound set..it's been a while!!)

BTW: if you get any of the wonderful ZVON soundsets for M42, this folder ( the C:\VSTPlugins\M42PackageFull\M42V2\M42_v2\ folder ) is where they go as well.

Let us know how you get on.

Tim

that got it!. Thanks a heap. hehe like I said in my pm I use your sounds a lot. I am a huge fan of big spacey sounds :) I am not the greatest writer but here is something I did last night at like 3 am. There is a few m42 sounds in here from the default set. The mix here needs some work to this is more or less an experiment track.

http://www.shadoespace.net/mp3/InTheBeggining.mp3

That is a nice track. There were many good ideas and some flow. The performance was a little rough in places, and the form was a bit amoebic. But hey, I like this kind of music.

Great to have you aboard the M42!

Cheers,
YBaCuO

modern classical; ambient tone sagas
http://ybacuo.wusik.com/

Return to “AlgoMusic”