Directwave vsti freezing weird and some other questions!!

Official support for: image-line.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

1) Hi, i load for example the pro 53, pick a patch, fine, but then i alter the patch to suit my taste and directwave ALWAYS "freezes" or "samples" the patch exactly as it is default...

Is this normal?

It's kinda pointless if so, or is it a bug?

what I am trying to say is, directwave will sample the vsti preset how it sounds when loaded at default, before tweaking, no matter how you have sculpted the sound

I hope I am being clear!

2) When importing soundfonts, i have to click the bank everytime and choose a preset and I cant even audition the preset? No way to load a bank and flick through the presets afterwards? Or at least audition them first before loading them? I am looking for an sfz replacement because it doesnt work with multi cpu

3)high quality mode is cpu unbearable and I am on an core2 duo X6800 extreme. can there be like a "middle" mode? Its just that in the draft mode some sounds sound weird, some sound ok, but some sound totally wrong. Like they do in sfz+ draft mode. But sfz+ next quality mode above draft everything sounds correct (there are more than 5 quality setting in sfz+)...but you only have one high quality setting and it uses 3 times the cpu sfz+ does!

4) Everytime i try to load an exs sound i have to search for the samples, anyway of telling directwave always to look in my E:/exsamples folder? That is where ALL my exsamples are! i am getting tired of finding the wave individually with every load!

5) Can directwave only read Kontakt ONE files? what about exs24 MARKII?

THANKS!

DirectWave is intended primarily for people who need to create their own sounds. If efficient load/play of libraries is your main interest, you might be better off using something else like Kontakt.

While DirectWave has been very, very CPU efficient here, I'm sure that it may not be the optimum thing to use for playing canned libraries. That is not a concern for me, because I do not use it to load/play canned sounds - ever.

Vader, i don't know how that answers my question. Directwae shouldnt be able to import these formats if its not intended as a player also.

regardless, the MAIN reason i bought it was for vsti freezing and hence my initial question.

Hi, i load for example the pro 53, pick a patch, fine, but then i alter the patch to suit my taste and directwave ALWAYS "freezes" or "samples" the patch exactly as it is default...

Is this normal?

It's kinda pointless if so, or is it a bug?
Correct me if i'm wrong but... it could be because each time a "setProgram" is called in Pro53 the damned thing reset it states unless you 'record' the program in Pro53 interface or something like that, it's not possible to fix on DW's side.
what I am trying to say is, directwave will sample the vsti preset how it sounds when loaded at default, before tweaking, no matter how you have sculpted the sound
No with most plugins.
2) When importing soundfonts, i have to click the bank everytime and choose a preset and I cant even audition the preset? No way to load a bank and flick through the presets afterwards? Or at least audition them first before loading them? I am looking for an sfz replacement because it doesnt work with multi cpu
DW is not a native sf2 player. the presets must be converted to play them. Sorry.
3)high quality mode is cpu unbearable and I am on an core2 duo X6800 extreme. can there be like a "middle" mode? Its just that in the draft mode some sounds sound weird, some sound ok, but some sound totally wrong. Like they do in sfz+ draft mode. But sfz+ next quality mode above draft everything sounds correct (there are more than 5 quality setting in sfz+)...but you only have one high quality setting and it uses 3 times the cpu sfz+ does!
Use that mode for bounce your project. The quality is very good because it also accuratelly resamples nearby points in loops. So looped samples + 64-point sinc interpolation will also take even more cpu (specially on short loops).
4) Everytime i try to load an exs sound i have to search for the samples, anyway of telling directwave always to look in my E:/exsamples folder? That is where ALL my exsamples are! i am getting tired of finding the wave individually with every load!
5) Can directwave only read Kontakt ONE files? what about exs24 MARKII?
Maybe but wait for next Translator module update.

Note that DW is not a sampler oriented to be a library player, it's more a sampler as sampling/editor tool.

Regard,

argu.
"If I could just say a few words... then I'd be a public speaker" -- Homer Simpson

Return to “Image Line”