Cubase sx3 presents

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

When ever you create a new present in a vst pluggin, where is it stored? Im trying to backup my tweaked custom presents b4 i reformat and dont know which folder to copy....Ive looked in the presents folder but cant see anything

help :)

It's preset not present. You can store it in every folder you want. When you load it you just select the folder you saved in.

its in my documents somewhere - but it is in a hidden folder - if you use the see hidden folder option on search you will find all your presets in there

i think they recently added an exe in the main folder for moving presets - it make a text file of all your settings for easy transport but i cant remember what it is called

someone else surely will
I believe every thread should devolve into character attacks and witch-burning. It really helps the discussion.

thanks...anyone know what and where the exe for moving the presets is located??

it's called "cubase application data folder". This shortcut is in the start menu in the Cubase folder. You can easily locate your plugin presets from there.

You could also open cubase, load any plugin preset and export it's preset there.

You can do the same with whole plugin preset banks.

They're called 'save effect', or 'save bank'. the store function will simply write it to the cubase internal preset folder.

Thanks Kingston---thats really saved my ass.....cheers :)

Damn - I thought there was some new Steinberg product announced!! :(

ha ...that would make me pinch myself cause id be dreaming

Well there is the new symphonic thingy and Wavelab 6 (tasty).

bit OT, but i really dont like cubases preset management. organising and personalising things is a nightmare, unless im missing something?

2 things would improve it hugely for me:

1. folders in preset menu, with the ability to save folders or entire banks of any size.
2. draggable presets, for arranging.

cant really believe such simple things arent possible?

martian wrote:bit OT, but i really dont like cubases preset management. organising and personalising things is a nightmare, unless im missing something?

2 things would improve it hugely for me:

1. folders in preset menu, with the ability to save folders or entire banks of any size.
2. draggable presets, for arranging.

cant really believe such simple things arent possible?
Uhhh...does anything have that? That's pretty swanky!

The one bonus to Cubase's presets is that if you save them out (and you can save them all as banks) externally, they won't get deleted when you uninstall. With DX apps, you have to download seperate Preset Managers. But I agree: their preset implementation needs work.

Return to “Instruments”