[attn dnb heads] gratuitous evilness?

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

even7 wrote:
Paul_FX wrote:From the sound of what you are doing (and taking in to account the 2 hour issue) i'd say your more in a liquid drum and bass tip!!
how are the growling basses liquid man? :shock: being stoned a few hours ago, when i made thos 2 basslines i imagined some monsters growling and "barking" at me when listening to them blines.
The basses are pretty growly, but the regular two step drum rhythm and the general flowingness leaves the whole thing feeling more brooding and sinister than out and out evil. The drum and bass that I'd think of as evil tends to throw the rhythm around a lot more, with little stops and starts, rushes, mini breakdowns, timestretches (okay, that's a bit oldskool these days), sounds going off in random directions - basically, you feel totally wired just trying to keep up with what the tune's doing and where the beat is.

Obviously, not doing this doesn't make your tune bad, just not what most people would call monstrous and evil.

even7 wrote:
[ xerocreep ] wrote:Is that what passes for evil these days?
what is then?
hehehe - you could try this out.

later
Kelly

Sorry, can't dl. (And do not understand woot you're talking 'bout).

I can't DL either

the thing is when i start workin on a tune i kinda almost here it in my mind. i magine how it would turn out. and it's more liquid, more flowing, more groovy. but the result is always, freaked out sounds i've never heard before and basslines that seem to bark and bite at me.

is it that my creative side's stronger than my will and i'm actually really original? :lol: :hihi:

:idiot:

The connection has timed out

The server at 82.79.29.27 is taking too long to respond.
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?!

I was looking forward to an earful of that.

file is up again

By the way... in case I didn't indicate it before, I did like the track, and would like to see it developed more.

so consider this a bump.

dude you need to get some better hosting sorted, still no download at this end!

Hunter wrote:dude you need to get some better hosting sorted, still no download at this end!
haha. the hosting i used fot this was a little app that lets people download files directly from my ip. so obviously when my pc was off, the file was unavailable.

anyway. that tune's probably not goin anywhere. (for the moment at least) there's some other kind of dnb i'd rather be doin'. think dnaudio's more liquid tunes (break + hydro)

but since this has gotten such an amount of interest i'll permanentelly host the utne here: http://195.249.116.158/Visitor_Trax/sadx2/wtf.mp3

I recommend you listen to some Noisia for real heavy evilness.

Your bass is quite evil but your drums are a bit fruityloopy in sound still, no offence!

if you click on my www to the left there and listen to Jeiku_Ether_Hunter_Remix.mp3 you'll hear the evilest tune I've finished, though its a remix of a breaks tune by another produces so can't take much credit myself...

dude, i've been a noisia fanboy for quite some years now. not really fond of their latest releases tho. anyway... my drums were really ghey, i know. i mean shit, i just shoved some samples into battery and arranged them and that was all. no layering no fx no nuthin.

and now, about your tune... i can quite sense the noisia influence. good tune.

Like that growly bass sound.

Return to “Music Cafe”