Searching [dark sunday-jam with vocalist]

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I had a visitor this weekend and on sunday we just started jamming a little bit. At one point we had a nice collection of sounds together and the beginnings of an idea. Without her knowing I said; let's see if we can do something with this theme, and so the recording continued. Since the batteries were still dead from saturdays performance I used about everything except the stomps. And as this was totally unrehearsed and created on the spot there was little pre-production happening (if I had invested a little bit more in eq'ing then; I'd not have so much problems afterwards)

Today I picked up the recording and put a huge effort into producing this to an acceptable result. Still there's this harsh crunch on the lower mids which I think was caused by the springreverb and with all my might I tried to tame that; partly succesfull I think.

Anyhow; afterproduction: 2x PLPar3 (5 down-points around the 180-400hz), IQ4Pro; Stereo-expander; Otium Compadre, some internal dithering

Enough with the words I'd say

Searching (feat. Izzy)
192kbs/14.5M/10,35m

Enjoy 8)

I wrote a lengthy celabratory(?) piece on this, and then KvR was down for maintainence...

I remember: Strange, weird, good (or something).

:-)

hmmm, my loss; your frustration.... I know the feeling all too well having lost such pieces of text.

Strange weird and good (or something) suffice though ;)

Cheers Thomas

This is an interesting track, Mark. Comes out with a sort of nightmare atmosphere, kind of like those stretches in B horror movies from the 70s, where the heroine has a sort of paranoiac meltdown midway through.

I know it falls outside of the objectives of this track, but as I listened I kept hoping for Izzy to sing. Her voice is sufficiently interesting to want to hear more, and I think a song-like structure laid over top your pulsewarble would make for a great listen.

Thanks Steve; indeed we never set out to do a song, it was rather an unexpected jam even with spur of the moment lyrics and sounds. Somehow it all fell together and I felt there was something in it worth sharing and spending some more time on afterproduction.

Who knows on a next occassion we may dive a little deeper and get a bit more organized upfront. It was allready a great moment hearing this surface from the jam, so it tastes like more :)

I liked this :)

Cheerz Jim :D

no more then?

i was able to enjoy this for what it is ...

with some front end planning , i think this concept could bear some further explorations and shows great promise ...

What I can say is that for a future-jam (which will be quite likely) more and better preps will take place.

Cheers njorm :)

Return to “Music Cafe”