music for fun- EDIT please listen and advise

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

herodotus wrote:
shamann wrote: Fun fun fun.

Fun.

That's why you shouldn't quit making music, just quit all the rest and do the fun stuff.
Good advice.

No one ever said "If only I had spent more time at work!" on their death bed.
shamann wrote:I love this. It's crazy in all the right ways.
Me too!
And me!

If you want a tad of critique; I think a slightly softer introduction of the trumpet would provide a less shocking moment. I can hear there is a lot of dynamics in this instrument, but it does barge in quite the elephant-way. Also the bass-line could get a little more oempf as it tends to get lost a little bit in the mix (ie. a little too soft)

Keep the fun alive!

tuz this is awesome, kind of eastern psyche rumba :o
i love it, i wanna see chicks ith feathers dancing :D

thank you everybody for the support. i guess i really needed that. :) i've been so down lately. i appreciate all your kind words. i don't want to be the best or anything. all i want is to put some joy into music without it sounding like crap.

Heck, this IS the best use of Milestone I've heard yet, and indeed... fun is what music needs more of in these trying times.

we also need less of these...

for entertaining porpoises only

uh.... the toilet has no 'reflection' on your piece here :hihi:

tuz wrote:did this for my own pleasure.
Well, I'm glad one of us enjoyed it.

Personally, I kept waiting for something musical to happen, but it always seemed to disappear into a downward arpeggio of some sort. This, was, in fact, the most I could get from the horn. Did I miss anything?

Pertaining to the background (i.e. beat, etc...), there was absolutely nothing that would have me listen to it by itself. Ergo, why would I wanna hear a non-melodic horn on top?

If other people like this stuf and/or would like to hear more, I wish them (and you) well. If there was a melodic bass; a very uncommon percussive beat; something in the rhythym that makes me want to listen to it (without the horn); a melodic horn; a horn with great tone; and/or something else in this offering, I might be able to digest it again. However, I believe that I heard it all within the first verse or so.

If you're not going to go for technique, go for the tone! However, I cannot (and will not) work through idle noodlings on any instrument just to hear something played for the sake of someone's unbalanced ego.

FYI: everytime you ask someone to download; listen; appraise; comment; these activities require some bandwidth. More precisely, you're asking other people to give up their resources (i.e. time/money) for YOUR sake.

G&L_player wrote:
tuz wrote:did this for my own pleasure.
Well, I'm glad one of us enjoyed it.

Personally, I kept waiting for something musical to happen, but it always seemed to disappear into a downward arpeggio of some sort. This, was, in fact, the most I could get from the horn. Did I miss anything?

Pertaining to the background (i.e. beat, etc...), there was absolutely nothing that would have me listen to it by itself. Ergo, why would I wanna hear a non-melodic horn on top?

If other people like this stuf and/or would like to hear more, I wish them (and you) well. If there was a melodic bass; a very uncommon percussive beat; something in the rhythym that makes me want to listen to it (without the horn); a melodic horn; a horn with great tone; and/or something else in this offering, I might be able to digest it again. However, I believe that I heard it all within the first verse or so.

If you're not going to go for technique, go for the tone! However, I cannot (and will not) work through idle noodlings on any instrument just to hear something played for the sake of someone's unbalanced ego.

FYI: everytime you ask someone to download; listen; appraise; comment; these activities require some bandwidth. More precisely, you're asking other people to give up their resources (i.e. time/money) for YOUR sake.
-r- we having a bad hair day?

G&L_player wrote: If you're not going to go for technique, go for the tone! However, I cannot (and will not) work through idle noodlings on any instrument just to hear something played for the sake of someone's unbalanced ego.
Yet you can manage to make pointlessly asinine posts for the sake of yours. Amazing.
FYI, this is a music discussion board where people post tracks for people to comment on. If you think that doing so is some kind of impingement on your 'bandwidth' then feel absolutely free not to do so. However to complain that people are doing so is missing the f**king point by a million miles. If that's your attitude, please find yourself a music discussion board without the music, and save us all the wasted bandwidth of your replies.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

And the beat goes on, the beat goes on.
Drums keep pounding a rhythm to the brain.
La de da de de, la de da de da.
Reminds me quite a lot of that tune.

Don't you dare ditch that conga! It's way cool! 8)
Turn the bass up a bit though, it doesn't rattle my speakers like I'd expect from something like this.
Excellent production - except the bass being a bit quiet for MY taste. It's fine at the start, but gets lost behind everything else when it all fires up. Maybe a bit of compression to keep it at a steady level?

I enjoyed this a lot. :D

G&L_player.

FYI - You're an arrogant c**t.

Get a life and stop getting your jollies by trying to compensate for your inferiority complex by criticizing the hard work of others.

Return to “Music Cafe”