a mixing technique i havnt figured out yet.

How to do this, that and the other. Share, learn, teach. How did X do that? How can I sound like Y?
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

if anyone who listens to Nine Inch Nails knows, they seem to have this stereo panning trick that makes things sound as if they are literally coming from behind you, and can also use this trick to make it move from the front to the back, and its only in stereo.

i was wandering if anyone knew how to do that?

Or, a not-free (but very good) plug that does the same thing with the added features of adjustable apparent height and the choice of room construction;

Panorama

ew
A spectral heretic...

ArKTisK wrote:if anyone who listens to Nine Inch Nails knows, they seem to have this stereo panning trick that makes things sound as if they are literally coming from behind you, and can also use this trick to make it move from the front to the back, and its only in stereo.

i was wandering if anyone knew how to do that?
Someone mentioned on the SONAR forum to create a 2.1 surround bus and you will be able to pan items front/back.

Of course, you'll need SONAR 4 or 5 PE.

HTH,
Scotty

thanks for the help!

i actually discovered that if you mess with the volumes, if you have 3 vocal tracks for instance, and you have one dead center, the other 2 hard left and hard right, if you mess with the volumes you can get that same effect.

Is it some sort of mid/side thing?
Do not lick the fablanky

yeah, say you turn the volume on the center panned track up alot, then turn the hard left and right ones down all the way, the more you bring it up it will give off the illusion of coming from the rear, and you can turn the center way down and the left and right up for the opposite.

Return to “Production Techniques”