ACIDized Samples

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Anyone know of some software that will take batches (multiples) of .wav files and save them ACIDized? I know FL Studio can do this using the export feature, but it gets tiresome doing that one by one.

----FL Studio can export .wav files with tempo information, but there is no program that can fully Acidize loops that I know of. The key information has to be added afterwards, and in some cases the slices have to be set by hand.

Jeff

To save them ACIDized, shouldn't you be doing some things by hand, e.g.. checking the exact position of slizes etc?

btw. Liveslice can save in ACID format too, but also not batch-wise.

Sonar can acidize waves files. Just select the files, CTRL+L (will groove-clip them) set the original tempo and no.of beats, and adjust markers if necessary. Then export it. :)

keyman_sam wrote:Sonar can acidize waves files. Just select the files, CTRL+L (will groove-clip them) set the original tempo and no.of beats, and adjust markers if necessary. Then export it. :)
----What about key information ? To me, aside from tempo, key info is the most important part of Acidized loops. As far as the slicing, well, if it's programmed/sequenced stuff, then it seems pretty irrelevant.

Jeff

Thank you so much, Torhan, for the SonicSpot link! I DL'ed Acid Blotter and was able to convert just about all my synth, bass and drum loops into groove clips(same as Acid wavs) for Kinetic. Just click the "looped" button before converting the files. I can adjust both the tempo and pitch of the loops now.
"The Law speaks too softly to be heard amid the din of arms." -- Gaius Marius {Roman consul,soldier}

Moe Shinola wrote:Thank you so much, Torhan, for the SonicSpot link! I DL'ed Acid Blotter and was able to convert just about all my synth, bass and drum loops into groove clips(same as Acid wavs) for Kinetic. Just click the "looped" button before converting the files. I can adjust both the tempo and pitch of the loops now.
Also, Acid Blotter will convert an entire folder of wavs at one time.
"The Law speaks too softly to be heard amid the din of arms." -- Gaius Marius {Roman consul,soldier}

sound forge can 'batch file' your waves into acid.
be part of the solution, not the problem

----Well, out of 3 tries, it (it being Acid Blotter) worked properly once, and all it did was assign it the same tempo that Acid guessed when I pulled it in without using Acid Blotter. As far as being anything other than shortcut to assign the standard Acid's best guess tempo to a sample/loop, I'd say it's fairly useless really. And since it took me 3 tries to get it to work once, I'd say it's not a shortcut at all.

Jeff

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”