Acoustic Drum Library V2 - 30 MB download - 150 MB kit, free

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Peter, is version 2 the same as version 1 only with more? Or are they different kits. Cause I can't find version 1 any more. Maybe I'm blind. Or maybe you replaced it with version 2? If they are different, I was just hoping to get both. But if not, then fine also.

Thanks for these freebies. Great sounding as usual. And thanks again for the Auditorium.

Koolkeys
My host is better than your host

hello spe3d
i often have problems connecting to your site :(
i click on your sig (audioshots.com) and i have this code page :-o

Code: Select all

‹ÎC3¾¨ÊHwp9ó$+ }„”™p¦e(Ýdá³×£p�èzœ;g•Ètp"·(ReZ¹W»—ê8m€"OD`Âœü`>vYßùÐTEQÅüèÑ£Â0?ƒ¯0\d·]I:}æ~×JÓ*9Œ²»¸ÈlŽä/y@û6®ÓeÆuÀ¦5Xß…39æñ€+»·Ú0«ü¸{Ú´�c7g~X+6g°”ö:û9š}¡ÝQúaíŽhî„Èmo=™çB†©7]Ì¢a¯óêô%Žhw?Š Mk]zºU3@MºæSý^q->òÆ¿Òù&ÇúL[¥M��]Êâ÷ñZÌÃ.ÑR¾ÀLCQ)ih¸†vyS%4× ‡N€��²;Wų¶qÔ_ýµþ ú úÍêçÖ&VΣU‹çåëÓ;FýZmø7=6íËÖ'{~ÐÚþ´ºÏ/¯~q_ 4ùâkGœzEÈQ#”`¸,\=ÔÁo§Ï÷OnÆp^£ÝÁ13Ë“>G¥�V|Úþ„kdBÓ©�æÒ±¹-®µTÿ¥¥a¦\,mïÀkßÈoJ‚i!H”aŒáBt"S´| !¢`*3`tòI焹Œý™Œáü
i use opera 8.5 :love:

works fine in MSIE though :x

koolkeys wrote:Peter, is version 2 the same as version 1 only with more? Or are they different kits. Cause I can't find version 1 any more. Maybe I'm blind. Or maybe you replaced it with version 2? If they are different, I was just hoping to get both. But if not, then fine also.

Thanks for these freebies. Great sounding as usual. And thanks again for the Auditorium.

Koolkeys
Hey! KoolKeys :D thank you :D

Regarding the version differences – they are different (you gain and lose with version 2)

Version 1, the toms are birch shelled and quite higly tuned, close microphone (condenser drum mics – bar the kick and snare where I used dynamic drum mics) on each tom recorded with remo heads top n bottom. Also three overheads, two rode and one special pressure gradient condenser.

A few of the sounds were recorded via tube pre and all were processed much externally before getting anywhere near the computer.

Version one was also provided as a 24-bit kit.

Version two has most of the cymbals from version one (but the bell sounds split out from the layers into their own groups) also added one layer from two hand hammered cymbals.

The toms are very different – different shells and evans heads on the top with remo for the bottoms. – All toms are close microphone recorded, four overheads in play here too. The kick is different in its head, shell and how it was recorded.

To help reduce the size – version two was converted (after editing) to 16-bit 44.1 with r8brain Pro

Best regards,

Peter

dsp music wrote:hello spe3d
i often have problems connecting to your site :(
i click on your sig (audioshots.com) and i have this code page :-o

Code: Select all

‹ÎC3¾¨ÊHwp9ó$+ }„”™p¦e(Ýdá³×£p�èzœ;g•Ètp"·(ReZ¹W»—ê8m€"OD`Âœü`>vYßùÐTEQÅüèÑ£Â0?ƒ¯0\d·]I:}æ~×JÓ*9Œ²»¸ÈlŽä/y@û6®ÓeÆuÀ¦5Xß…39æñ€+»·Ú0«ü¸{Ú´�c7g~X+6g°”ö:û9š}¡ÝQúaíŽhî„Èmo=™çB†©7]Ì¢a¯óêô%Žhw?Š Mk]zºU3@MºæSý^q->òÆ¿Òù&ÇúL[¥M��]Êâ÷ñZÌÃ.ÑR¾ÀLCQ)ih¸†vyS%4× ‡N€��²;Wų¶qÔ_ýµþ ú úÍêçÖ&VΣU‹çåëÓ;FýZmø7=6íËÖ'{~ÐÚþ´ºÏ/¯~q_ 4ùâkGœzEÈQ#”`¸,\=ÔÁo§Ï÷OnÆp^£ÝÁ13Ë“>G¥�V|Úþ„kdBÓ©�æÒ±¹-®µTÿ¥¥a¦\,mïÀkßÈoJ‚i!H”aŒáBt"S´| !¢`*3`tòI焹Œý™Œáü
i use opera 8.5 :love:

works fine in MSIE though :x
Thank you DSP :D

Re- the site and Opera – I use FireFox – it does not contain ad-ware like Opera, and it works http://www.mozilla.org/

Why Opera does not work is anyone’s guess, I had a quick look at their support forum, but it seems quite a few bugs are evident in 8.5 (I don’t know if the version 9 would be better or not – there is no way I will be loading Opera to find out)

I guess for now either use IE or Firefox that seem to work ok :D

Best regards,

Peter

Thanks for the details Peter. Is version 1 still available? I didn't see it up there, and didn't get it yet, as I keep forgetting. If not, is there any way to get it? Just wondering.

Thanks again for the great job with the Auditorium. It is much appreciated.

Koolkeys

By the way.... audioshots.com WILL work in Opera if you set Opera to identify itself as Explorer...

under 'Quick Preferences'

Danno

Thanks for sharing the kits. I have to say I really like the drums in v1 and your cymbal processing.
If I could wish, it would be for a set of multi-samples of your Hi Hats, with maybe some hits partially closed where the cymbals rattle together to go with your pedal samples.
Thanks again and a special thanks for the RM4 Maps.

koolkeys wrote:Thanks for the details Peter. Is version 1 still available? I didn't see it up there, and didn't get it yet, as I keep forgetting. If not, is there any way to get it? Just wondering.

Thanks again for the great job with the Auditorium. It is much appreciated.

Koolkeys
Nar! Version 1 is gone now – these two kits were/are more of a feeler to see what the uptake would be like – where the interest in the sound tones laid. Its served its purpose and now removed – it was a bigger file and really just a test.

Thank you Koolkeys :D
Danno wrote:By the way.... audioshots.com WILL work in Opera if you set Opera to identify itself as Explorer...

under 'Quick Preferences'

Danno
Thank you for the tip there Danno :D
MRT wrote:Thanks for sharing the kits. I have to say I really like the drums in v1 and your cymbal processing.
If I could wish, it would be for a set of multi-samples of your Hi Hats, with maybe some hits partially closed where the cymbals rattle together to go with your pedal samples.
Thanks again and a special thanks for the RM4 Maps.
I will do a jazz kit MRT – specifically with the birch set ;)

Thank you for the feedback :D – also yep! More hat to follow (actually I will be doing a full matched big cymbal set also the tones of each cymbal will compliment one another, even though the set will be large, I love cymbals) :D

Best regards,

Peter

A jazz kit sound like a winner, any chance of doing it with brushes?

Yes, brush kits are definately harder to come by for quality. Also, I'm glad you're into cymbals, because so many cymbals sound phasy and synthetic, and just don't fit the kits they are included in. So having the cymbal sets would be great. Thanks again Peter!

Koolkeys

Thanks guys :D

You can’t have a jazz kit without brushes, that’s for sure :D

They will be featured extensively, particularly caressing the cymbals :)

Best regards,

Peter

Peter- Thanks for these great-sounding samples.

Unfortunately, I have neither DR-008 or or RM IV. :( Has anyone mapped (or converted) this kit to any other format...say, sfz? or DK+?

Cheers.
SWTrex

Thank you SWTex,

I am working on another kit (better yet) that will incorporate more mappings, the first of these will be out by the end of this year :D

Best regards,

Peter

Spe3D wrote: another kit (better yet)
:shock:
Spe3D wrote:that will incorporate more mappings
:hail:
Spe3D wrote: the first of these will be out by the end of this year :D
:party:

'Nuff said!

Cheers!
SWTrex

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”