Does FLStudio still have Buzz machine adapter?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

You used to be able to use Buzz machines in FLStudio (maybe when it was still "Fruity Loops") thru a wrapper; is this still included?
A well-behaved signature.

And more importantly, does the adapter still suck?

Yes.

Edit : That's the answer to the first question.....i wouldn't know the second.

Yes to the second question too.

Damn... I was not aware that it sucked. :(

Enough to make it unusable in practical terms?
A well-behaved signature.

JerGoertz wrote:Damn... I was not aware that it sucked. :(

Enough to make it unusable in practical terms?
basically.

...how so?

The window for editing synth parameters is pretty small and not resizable. Works fine for FX but for synths it's rough.

it only works for certain machines - I think there was a falling out between imageline and the guy who coded the thing, so later machines were made deliberately incompatible
THIS IS MY MUSIC: http://spoti.fi/45P2xls :phones:

the guy they contracted to code it basically dicked over IL, so its not entirely their fault.

The greater majority work, but there are others that need the Buzz architecture that don't...and so what? It's not really a big deal. Some buzz machines KICK ASS. Some of the filters available are amazing (Zephod Blue/Green :wink:), generally very low CPU, and so far with all of my Buzz collection, I have never experienced any stability problems with non beta plugins. I think the Buzz plugins are one of FL's greatest secrets. Just be careful about the ones you get. Try them out carefully. Having them available is such a bonus that I really can't quip about not being able to use ALL of them. Many of those that are available are really quite awsome.

The interface isn't pretty, especially if a plugin has too many params (I stay away from some) but I've even found a couple that have GUI's. The synths can be WAAAYYY too loud sometimes and I can never seem to get any accurate time sync'ing from alot of Buzz plugins. I still don't know what a tick is. I think it's one beat, but it runs away from everything else. All the same I'm really glad they're there.

FL Studio stil supports the buzz machines and i find it fine, the remix stereobox pro for example, you can do a hell of things with it but i think the buzz machines sound dated yet, the resonance filters sound like formant filters and so on, i´ve never checked for other buzz plugins, is it worth?
I´m on f**king fire!
Listen psytrance @ http://radio.powernet.bg/

It's time to play the music
It's time to light the lights
It's time to meet the Muppets on the Muppet Show tonight.
It's time to put on makeup
It's time to dress up right
It's time to raise the curtain on the Muppet Show tonight.
Why do we always come here
I guess we'll never know
It's like a kind of torture
To have to watch the show
And now let's get things started
Why don't you get things started
It's time to get things started
On the most sensational inspirational celebrational Muppetational
This is what we call the Muppet Show!

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”