FL Studio .flp-File corrupted

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have a problem: everytime I try to open this .flp-project, Fruity keeps giving me an error something like "an error occured. The File may be corrupted blah..." ... How can I make the Project work again? thx for helping...

Hi,
Have you tried looking in the Trash bin folder > Imageline > FLStudio5 > Trash bin? FL stores a copy of your last project there, it may well be worth trying that.
RIP Black Tom and Beckett. They weren't just cats, they were MY cats, the best cats ever.

thx for your answer... well, I tried it but unfortunately I allready opened another project and changed it, so that the corrupted one isn't in backup no more... :( Do you have any other suggestions?

The only other thing I can think of, is send the .flp to Imageline, IIRC, they offered to inspect corrupted .flp's a while back. I don't visit the FL forums that much, so I'm not sure if they're still doing this.
RIP Black Tom and Beckett. They weren't just cats, they were MY cats, the best cats ever.

You poor soul, I've been there a few times.. I am sure you will have to let go of that one... :dog:

yeah, I think I might have to do so... but nevertheless, thx for helping...

Move any VSTs that the project uses out of your VST folder, and then see if the project loads up. If FL has a problem loading a VST, it can hang, but if it's not there to find, it should just error but still load the project up. You can then move the VSTs back one by one to find the problematic one.

speccyteccy wrote:Move any VSTs that the project uses out of your VST folder, and then see if the project loads up. If FL has a problem loading a VST, it can hang, but if it's not there to find, it should just error but still load the project up. You can then move the VSTs back one by one to find the problematic one.
This worked for me, I had a problem with MDA Degrade, and with one of the buzz effect presets.
"People on forums are dicks."

JMD wrote:I have a problem: everytime I try to open this .flp-project, Fruity keeps giving me an error something like "an error occured. The File may be corrupted blah..." ... How can I make the Project work again? thx for helping...
And I thought I was the only person with this problem...

I've been doing some reading, and this program supposedly helps.

Download Recover My Files 2.91 Full

Recover My Files™ 2.91 data recovery software will recover deleted files emptied from the Windows Recycle Bin, or lost due to the format of a hard drive, virus infection, unexpected system shutdown or software failure.

5.Recover deleted Music & Video:
Recover My Files™ will recover:
deleted MPEG, MOV, AVI, ASF, movie files;
deleted MP3, Real Audio, Wave, MIDI, CakeWalk Pro, Fruity Loops, Logic Audio and Audio Interchange sound files

Here's the site for it:
http://english.p30world.com/archives/001601.php

Try it out and tell me if it works.

More links:

http://www.download.com/3120-20_4-0.htm ... e&tg=dl-20

http://www.download.com/3120-20_4-0.htm ... y&tg=dl-20

Later 8)

i too have had MDA Degrade corrupt some files. Shame since its a great plug. try removing it if that's the problem.

I've also had project files that i worked on A LOT with previous versions corrupt when i try to open them in my latest version, and then they dont work with the original version i made them in after that.

It can be heart breaking when it happens to a tune you work hard on :cry:

P.S. are you hitman 801?

Chase wrote:i too have had MDA Degrade corrupt some files. Shame since its a great plug. try removing it if that's the problem.

I've also had project files that i worked on A LOT with previous versions corrupt when i try to open them in my latest version, and then they dont work with the original version i made them in after that.

It can be heart breaking when it happens to a tune you work hard on :cry:

P.S. are you hitman 801?
Naw. I'm new here... I'll have to change my name up though so it doesn't confuse people.

Edit:
I changed it. I'm now Drhitman702.

this has completely different causes anyway sometimes...simply loading again...
from time to time should otherwise be clear to secure his data for themselves correspondingly :P ...cu

tro

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”