Cubase SX fix for DS404 and others?

Official support for: muon-software.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm confused. Has DS404 been fixed to work with Cubase SX3? Are there any other instabilities with this host and Muon/CM software (like SR202)? If things are not fixed, anything in the horizon? Thanx!

No, it hasn't been fixed. No, there aren't any definate plans to keep on supporting these products.

Regards
Dave

I completely understand if Muon can't support further updates themselves if the time is not there because of other projects... However, I also feel that the many Cubase users of these products are left in limbo when an update is not in the pipe. Is it not possible for Muon to make an arrangement with CM about handing over the code for a 3rd party update? I'm sure there are many talented programmers who could fix these issues and make the many users of CM software all the more happy about their investment...

If there was any inclination within Future Publishing to do something about the state of the CM Studio I'd be very surprised. I've not personally heard from anybody at CM since last August, for example.

Regards
Dave

Fair game Dave... I've posted the following message on the CM forum and sent it to the editors and customer service as well:

Ok, now everybody knows that there are issues with SR-202 and DS-404 on Cubase SX systems... And as a paying customer for the magazine and thus the CM studio package, you would expect things like this to be fixed. But this appearantly isn't the case. We know that the contract with Muon has expired, and thus Muon has no obligation to do these fixes in their spare time. But as I see it, the CM staff very much has an obligation to ensure that the software they sell with their mag is actually working on the latest DAW-platforms.

It seems that the people at CM could care less if its customers can actually use this software on Cubase SX systems, one of the most popular DAW platoforms available, and the platform that originated the VST standard. This is more or less of a scandal imo. I would strongly urge that the CM staff in the near future approach Muon for a solution to the problems at present. I talked to Dave from Muon software, and Muon has not been contacted for almost a year, while the problems with CM software and Cubase persist.

I think it is time that CM gave their customers a fair treatment and took responsibility for a fix of abovementioned problems. I wonder if it is desirable for CM and Future Publishing to be publically known as a company that does not care about the most basic customer support, such as keeping software up to date. I hope for many CM users to support me on this topic, and sincerely hope that this message will have the CM staff think twice about the current situation. Thanx!

sincere regards, Artur Meinild

Damn shame that these issues will never be sorted.

At one time it really seemed like they would....

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... highlight=

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... highlight=

Your increasing exasperation wrt enquiries on this matter reflect the vagaries of commerce I guess..
If God did exist (and he doesn't) he would answer to the name of Maurizio

The problem is nothing more than time. We're under pressure from all directions to get ONE and KAB finished (see elsewhere on this forum for example), not to mention another *major* project for a big vendor. We have to deal with the requirements of our paying customers first and they're keeping us both extremely busy.

When things get a bit more relaxed I'll do my best to look at these old plugins, but I can't promise anything. Since little Roberto has come along it is increasingly hard to justify spending my limited free time doing even more programming when I'm needed elsewhere by my wife.

...and I do agree with the point raised elsewhere that anyone who can afford £500 for a sequencer isn't in the target market for the CM Studio. Those plugins were never intended as anything more than vehicles for tutorials on synthesis, sampling and programming. As soon as your needs aren't matched by those plugins you should start looking for alternatives right away (and there are plenty to choose from). The CM plugins still work fine with Computer Muzys so as a package to give beginners a gentle introduction to this hobby of ours it all still hangs together.

Regards
Dave

Muon Software Ltd wrote: Since little Roberto has come along it is increasingly hard to justify spending my limited free time doing even more programming when I'm needed elsewhere by my wife.
I sympathise.

I've got 2 toddlers and don't really have time to do anything except read me email, check the footie scores and cause a bit of nonsense around forums :)

Music, sadly, gets done at the end of the evening - it at all...

By the time I get the chance to really sit down and do something properly, everyone else will be using 512 bit processors :(

BC
Last edited by basic channel on Tue May 10, 2005 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If God did exist (and he doesn't) he would answer to the name of Maurizio

Oh boy! I sure wish I knew about this before I went out and bought Computer Music magazine JUST for the SR202. I'd been looking for a way to distort my drums and the SR202 seemed to be the only product for me! Previously I've been creating loops within Reason then importing them into Cubase cos I hate using Rewire! A drum VSTi with built-in dist sounded perfect for my needs! I've had it up and running and I'm really impressed with it apart from the fact that it decides to close Cubase!

Totally peeved over this, cos I was expecting to pay about £3-4 for the mag and it was £6!! The mag isnt even that appealing to me, and the software I bought it for wont even get used now unless someone is able to create a patch for it! I shall be complaining to Computer Music about this. Dave, I reckon people would be willing to pay for the SR202 if thats of any consellation? Although I'm guessing you're still under license to Computer Music for distribution? :(

Does anyone know any drum VSTis with distortion that actually run in Cubase? :(

Return to “Muon Software”