About Filters in VSTI's

DSP, Plugin and Host development discussion.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I tried to use it when the demo came out. In FL my wrapper pops up but the synth doesn't :(. Heard it was a beautiful synth though!
"You are going to let the fear of poverty govern your life and your reward will be that you will eat, but you will not live."

Actually I just ran across another thread in effects. "Volcano", I hear Fab Filter is a good synth so i've just d/l the demo, gonna give it a run.
"You are going to let the fear of poverty govern your life and your reward will be that you will eat, but you will not live."

J_Starner wrote:... how does any other filter sound different from others when they are coded in like Microsoft C? ...
i've always thought that filters in C sounded so much better than filters in Java, but not as good as filters in C++. :hihi:

(sorry, i couldn't pass up the opportunity for a smart-ass joke.)

== chunk

J_Starner wrote:... how does any other filter sound different from others when they are coded in like Microsoft C? ...
and I didn't knew that microsoft had bought the C language...
I knew about ANSI C or K&R C but nothing like Microsoft C, have I missed some important news on slashdot?

Or is it their own flavour of what C should be at M$ like JScript vs JavaScript or J# vs Java...

:hihi:

:shrug: I just seen a package when I went to look it up not to long ago that said "Microsoft Visual C++" I could be way off.

Urs wrote:
Lawnmower Of The Damned wrote:Still, Filterscape sounds better than any other VST filter I've heard yet.

;) Urs
No problem Urs. Keep it up and you'll kill the hardware snob in me someday.

Honestly, Filterscape is the first plug I've tried in years that actually DROPPED MY JAW. Filterscape really has a great organic sound. I wouldn't say analog, but just a really great, smooth sound.

Mind you, I'm a huge pain in the ass about my filters, so that's a pretty big compliment.

J_Starner wrote::shrug: I just seen a package when I went to look it up not to long ago that said "Microsoft Visual C++" I could be way off.
MS Visual C++ is a developpement environment,
while C,C++... are languages

Return to “DSP and Plugin Development”