Creating crowd chants?

How to do this, that and the other. Share, learn, teach. How did X do that? How can I sound like Y?
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

So we're working on track and we want to create a quick dirty 'crowd chant' sound, is there any way to do that? We want to create them screaming a specific thing, we've tried layering and distorting two people's shouting over and over but that doesn't work very well. It doesn't have to be crystal clear, just enough to goad the crowd into joining in.

how about doing a google search and download a free wav file?

I would think Clone Ensemble would be perfect for this.

www.cloneensemble.com

/Yoss

or you might try something from this site
http://www.uv.es/%7Eruizcan/p_vst.htm
these guys offer some great stuff and it's FREE.

I'm thinking more of the Elottronix effects unit, if you play around with the delay times it just might work.

go to a bar when everyone is drunk, bring your lappie or other portable recording device - buy everyone a beer and let them scream what you want! :hihi:

layering 2 or 3 takes of 10-20 peeps shouting should give a nice result and it should be alot of fun.. :o :lol:
peace, Image

Moritz Morpheus MkIII wrote:go to a bar when everyone is drunk, bring your lappie or other portable recording device - buy everyone a beer and let them scream what you want! :hihi:

layering 2 or 3 takes of 10-20 peeps shouting should give a nice result and it should be alot of fun.. :o :lol:
That is perhaps the most creative idea I have ever read about in this forum.

I'm going to try it tonight!!!

we got decent results running a cheap Casio rompler through a talkbox. used the "audience/cheering crowd" sound, mashed down a bunch of keys and chanted into the mic. sounded vaguely realistic. good enough for our purposes, anyway.
"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together...." -Carl Zwanzig

herodotus wrote:
I'm going to try it tonight!!!
me too.. :P :hihi:
peace, Image

my track here uses some crowd chants that i made
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=74544

but its not doing the exact type of crowd you are talking about. i pitched everyone up. if i were to get a real crowd, i would've left them as is, added a second track of everyone pitched lower, and then you offset each sample a little.

then you add reverb.

i only had about 10 people in there. but with two or three takes you could really do any crowd you want.

clone ensemble did some nice crowds for me.

dw

Return to “Production Techniques”