Tip: Cortex with Julie

Official support for: lesproductionszvon.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Note: this is a reprint from our first clinic that was originally in the Instruments forum.

"After having fun in various synths, Julie decided to do a clinic on Psychic Modulation drum sampler Cortex, specifically on the pitch sliders of its sequencer.

Cortex is not the most sophisticated drum sampler around but it does have some interesting features, one of them being the pitch sliders. I made 4 short loops to illustrate their use with a few (very few) samples from Julie's Vocal FX collection.

Loop 1: 3 different samples, the "zap" shows up twice with only a slight pitch modification; a fast sequence of the "short kiss" sample moderately modified; the "loud kiss" is used only once, no mod.
Listen to it HERE

Loop 2: only 1 sample heavily modified.
Listen to it HERE

Loop 3: same as above with another sample slightly modified.
Listen to it HERE

Loop 4: similar to loop 1 but with different samples and 4 instead of 3, overall quite modified
Listen to it HERE

Basically, the pitch sliders modify the pitch (don't tell me) of the sample, so the same sample has different pitches on different steps. The coolest feature is that if a sample is long enough, let's say its duration is equal to 4 steps, each step's slider
will modify the pitch sample in one playback of the sample. This is demonstrated in loop 2.

I don't have time to go more in depth today but if there's a significant interest in this clinic, I may do other ones on various synths and subjects.

Let me know what you think of this clinic, if you find it useful and if you would like some more."

Return to “Les Productions Zvon”