Drums? mute groups?

Official support for: manytone.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I tried a few of the drum presets, and what I encountered so far is that the sustain is set to 0 (zero), implying I have to keep notes active to get a full sound (e.g. on the cymbals). When I raise the sustain, the open and closed hihats can be heard together :(

I never used drum sets with WS, so I'm wondering if it's a feature of MS to have it set up like this? or is it lack of mute groups in WS that cause this behaviour?

The way I used it now it's not really usable for playing drums.

--HansM

Hi Hans
To start with ..it really is not a drum sampler.
But you can still use perfectly as one.
A Couple of tricks...
The easiest is when programming in the piano roll you can just program the cutoff by adjusting the note length.

It will work great.. But another sort of hidden way is...

Set the same kit up on different Layers.
Set each Layer to a different key zone and adjust your release and other FX from each layer.

A few Mp3s out there really show some great drum work so it is possible but not in a traditional Drum Sampler type of way ....

On the other hand ... with the Wave Seq Layer and Modulations you can achieve Some Incredible Crazy and Wild Drums that a nornmal drum sampler can not do. This is what i love most about drums in ManyStation.

So ... a bit different than traditional but extremely effective and usable once you get the hang of it!
Paul

Return to “Manytone Music”