How do I get out of this chord progression?

Chords, scales, harmony, melody, etc.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Eclectus wrote: Wed Dec 25, 2019 12:49 pm Bunch of pedantic old farts. Have you even read the OP? What do you think this thread is about? It's a person wanting help with their chord progression. Out of all the people in this thread, I'm the only one that listened to their song, gave advice on their chord progression, and was considered to be very helpful by them. Because I helped them solve their problem.

All the rest of you are scolding me for using uppercase - because it doesn't help with the analysis. But the OP didn't ask for an analysis!
Jancivil was the worst of the bunch, but at least he had the courtesy to remove his posts without anyone asking him.
I took time out of my life to sort totally basic misconceptions you missed, because you essentially don’t grasp some basics. I was typically thorough. But you have the gall to impute motive to me and impugn my integrity for it. Compounding your misapprehension of what was written.

It is useless to call modes here. I think the use of Roman numerals is also doing too much, and this combo of misconceptions looks like trying to look in the know, but doesn’t help those who you’re asking for free help from.

in Schenkerian analysis it’s all caps “because you always know what key you’re in” - right, like chord quality can never change.
E Dorian/G Lydian aren’t keys, btfw.* I had little confidence in any of it now.

So all caps is a hindrance.

The guy who brought his degree in musicology, and that it’s all caps in Schenker in calls us out as pedantic. In order to seem right about the minutia. That’s priceless. What you didn’t suss in school was *music theory 101, though.
Last edited by jancivil on Thu Dec 26, 2019 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I don’t have absolute pitch, so I searched for and downloaded an app, “Pitch Perfect” in order to get the real chords. I went thru like 3 before I found one of any use. Waste of time, I’m an idiot.

and more to the point, the real tonic
Eclectus wrote: Wed Dec 25, 2019 12:38 am However, I learned Schenkerian analysis
Unfortunately I know exactly what that entails, and you state you’re just now hearing about case difference for chord quality. One cannot hope to grasp Schenkerian analysis lacking a full understanding of CPP harmony and of form.

I had a sense of humor about all this before your posturing.

Eclectus wrote: Wed Dec 25, 2019 12:49 pm All the rest of you are scolding me for using uppercase - because it doesn't help with the analysis. But the OP didn't ask for an analysis!
the OP wrote: If there’s a chunk of theory I can study so I can understand why this is happening so I can get out of this
requires no further comment

agreed
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Return to “Music Theory”