Do you use chord generator tools or similar plugins to create chords? Which ones?

How to do this, that and the other. Share, learn, teach. How did X do that? How can I sound like Y?
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hink wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:03 pm
jancivil wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 3:58 pm Yeah, I absolutely repeat myself. "Here we go again"; CONTEXT: the same person started two threads on the same subject. On top of two others concurrent with it.

Do you have any point at all or are you only here to suggest I shut up.
That's a rhetorical question. For the record I have zero interest in what you think about what I do like that unless I broke some rule. Maybe you could check yourself once in a while.
my point was it's odd to complain about "here we go again" by not letting go yourself, hence my simple statement that it's a two way street...obviously you'll turn into whatever you want
But it's not. I didn't start two identical threads which aren't even topics for this board, and I addressed further additions and argumentation specifically so while it may in a general sense be old hat, it's on topic, unlike your 'contribution'... And I would think 'Here we go again' already acknowledges I am too, so the sort of argument to hypocrisy is not only the known fallacy, it just falls flat.

Even as this is, on your level, reducible to a person reiterating their objection the umpteenth time, I had some things to say. But here's you, you're interested in telling me off some more again, nothing to do with the ideas or any content at all.

I think a problem here is that a tool that automatically generates music is not something that is relevant in the context of music theory.

Maybe it would be better if this thread is moved to a more appropriate forum?

It could be, it could be that a composer guides an AI and is interested in finding out something outside their own habits and intentions.
A tool that is, in the case of certain people posting, only providing a way out from having to understand the applicable 'music theory' is not appropriate really for the board, not that I have to exert control but it got old. Getting Started is a subforum here...

I don't tend to approach these things like I'm restricted to talking to (or really at) a "telecode" (there's nothing to "let go" of, it's an exchange of ideas, if you keep coming I may feel just as free to), I found this whole thrust and these manifestations very misguided and I actually want to affirm something else for the world.

Possibly in the case of guiding AI composition or something similar, but the thread title and tools listed in posts seem more suited to ‘Production Techniques’ or ‘Getting Started’

In which case I would never even see it ;).

:hihi:

jancivil wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 12:11 am
Hink wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:03 pm
jancivil wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 3:58 pm Yeah, I absolutely repeat myself. "Here we go again"; CONTEXT: the same person started two threads on the same subject. On top of two others concurrent with it.

Do you have any point at all or are you only here to suggest I shut up.
That's a rhetorical question. For the record I have zero interest in what you think about what I do like that unless I broke some rule. Maybe you could check yourself once in a while.
my point was it's odd to complain about "here we go again" by not letting go yourself, hence my simple statement that it's a two way street...obviously you'll turn into whatever you want
But it's not. I didn't start two identical threads which aren't even topics for this board, and I addressed further additions and argumentation specifically so while it may in a general sense be old hat, it's on topic, unlike your 'contribution'... And I would think 'Here we go again' already acknowledges I am too, so the sort of argument to hypocrisy is not only the known fallacy, it just falls flat.

Even as this is, on your level, reducible to a person reiterating their objection the umpteenth time, I had some things to say. But here's you, you're interested in telling me off some more again, nothing to do with the ideas or any content at all.

you're still missing the point and putting words in my mouth... meanwhile, on my level? Jan you'll never be at a level with me where you can offend me, give it up :lol:

edit: I just looked back at this after my response...seriously? My post was 2 months old, the thread hadn't had a post in over a month and you dig it up for a failed attempt at a dig? Jan, that just aint right :shrug:
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Yeah, if that is what I did, I guess... but that's just your gaslighting of it. I didn't see it initially and then when I did I replied. You have this need to frame things dishonestly like it puts you on top. You can't be offended but you had to attempt to turn 'your level' into what you need. That level, a lot of people do it, it's off-topic and it's basically picking a fight but when it's you, it's magically right.

Sure, "attempting a dig" while what you did in the first place is somehow different and somehow right. Project away, dude. And "let it go" is for others, and not for you. :troll: But further belaboring this is stupid, isn't it?

yes it is but you are the one that went back two months and brought it back up, that was ill advised.
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Why would I care about your assessment of that enough to keep this exchange alive? I'm out of f**ks to give now, knock yourself out.

You tell me jan...you're the one that dug it up not me, only you know why you did that, not me. :shrug:

Oh sure, like you aren't imputing motive right now.

Ok, we've seen that you don't like people dealing in threads which aren't exactly current so you characterize it in this way 'digging it up'. Why is that anyone else's other than your problem, do you feature?

I saw it and replied to it, I didn't see it or any topic on this forum between the night of Aug 12 and Sept 26. When I did, I said something. I don't care about whether or not you like it, while I did care enough about the stupid insults that day, on the 26th to post. Note well the distinction "to keep this exhange alive".
CF: At this time it's just some more incredibly tiresome Hink again.

Keep coming back!

It’s easier to learn some music theory and just play the chords. All the computer stuff sounds too rigid and lifeless to me.
To the stars through desire.

I dont know a damn thing about playing a keyboard or memorizing scales but what I do is keep a chart nearby, choose a scale and go at it as best as I can. I go in and fix where I messed up or double check that the right chords was played. Recently “freestyled,” or what a regular pianist would call “playing the piano” :lol: and tried my best at playing some house music piano and was decently surprised with how it sounded. That track has some soul due to it’s slight imperfections. Using a chord generator is super easy to get ideas down. But at other times it almost feels like more work to use generators tbh once you start to get the hang of it.

datroof wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:36 pm I own a few of these kinds of programs, because this is an area of interest, and I think there are a lot of cool possibilities beyond just using them as a 'crutch'. I haven't found any of the existing chord/music creation software to be useful to me - yet. I've written some software that suggests chord changes based on several criteria, including things like "show me a chord progression starting with chord X, ending with chord y, in the style composer z" etc. Then "show me some substitution options in that progression, characteristic of genre xx, or composer yy", etc. Basically trying to recreate some of the thought process of, say, a jazz pianist or arranger (it is geared towards jazz, because that's how I think). I believe there is tremendous potential there, at least until the robots take over the world.
The concept is called Chord Maps.
Here's what I've done.
These are Chord Maps based on a genre
01 Chord Formula Maps.png
But now I can experiment using other scales
02 Scales.png
Basiclly I've used a database (Sqlite on the Mac) to query a boat load of MIDI files and detect the chord formula and put that in Sqlite.

If I add a column for artist, Bach, Mozart, etc..., then I can generate chords based on what they used in previous songs.
Yes, I can SQL starting chords and ending chords as well.

You're right, not sure why noone has ever done this.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Production Techniques”