How to write the blues?

Chords, scales, harmony, melody, etc.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Stamped Records wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 10:33 pm We can't all be musically trained. I work, very fuuckin hard to achieve what I want to do, and as long as I'm the one doing the working, not you or anyone else has the right to tell me what I do is wrong.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25f2IgIrkD4
The post above this is likely bait, viewer discretion is advised.

Stamped Records wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 10:33 pm You have absolutley no idea what I'm doing. I'm learning everything at the same time instead of devoting my time to one thing in particular.
I know what you're saying, and you have already said that. :shrug:

and I'm trying to give you some reality. If you are going to refuse it and get your ego bruised, it's again no skin off of me.
I would feel my time with you in future is a waste if this is how it is. Seriously, your priorities are way off. You will either approach writing music from the standpoint of musicianship or not. If you steadfastly refuse to play music, you're done. You've shot both your feet clean off from the get-go.

Stamped Records wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 10:33 pm I guarantee you I'm better at something than everyone on this board, but of course, that thing I'm better at will be irrelevant to you, and I'm wasting my time
Is to do with blowing your own trumpet?

Blues is easy to write. At five o'clock in the morning, when your baby's left you.
Don't need no instrument. Just a gallon of whisky and a knackered old pistol.

Stamped Records wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 10:33 pm not you or anyone else has the right to tell me what I do is wrong.
Why are you asking how if you don't want to hear anything? I'm not here to validate some bullshit.
I'm done. Total waste of time.

I write at the keyboard, I even write it on sheet music when I could sit and double click notes like every other electronic musician, and why do I do that, because I know its more authentic that way, music is played. I'm learning, but I'm also learning other things that are necessary to what I do. People just read far too much between the lines.

jancivil wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 10:44 pm
Stamped Records wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 10:33 pm not you or anyone else has the right to tell me what I do is wrong.
Why are you asking how if you don't want to hear anything? I'm not here to validate some bullshit.
I'm done. Total waste of time.
Not once, in this topic, did I ever say that I wasn't going to play with the information. All this has been assumed and reassumed. I play, but not other people's music, just my own.

"I write at the keyboard, I even write it on sheet music when I could sit and double click notes like every other electronic musician, and why do I do that, because I know its more authentic that way,"

Seriously dude, nothing personal, but you like throw in these slight like Ego Shots. Not All Electronic Musicians are Clickers :hihi: :hihi:

Congratulations, you are one step above the grammar police.

Know what I'm doing in the middle of all this, I'm playing the fuucking blues. This topic is enough to get an album of the stuff.

Stamped Records wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:01 pm Know what I'm doing in the middle of all this, I'm playing the fuucking blues. This topic is enough to get an album of the stuff.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25f2IgIrkD4

Another winning thread at KVR :party:

Wait if you are playing the Blues that means the Thread is a Success right?

thecontrolcentre wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:03 pm Another winning thread at KVR :party:
What a waste of bits.

I am an electronic musician too who began with main interest in composition rather than devoting myself to become virtous on one instrument. However, there is a limit. Without any formal training both instrument and theory wise, things will be hard to learn and sometimes impossible to achieve. I am still a mediocre keyboard player today but I can play everything I want to play. Same deal with rhythms where I am a trained percussionist to a mediocre leve too. I can take a best shot, correct the errors in my seq and continue my quest. What you can think of as a composer is indeed dependent on your instrumental skills and vice versa.Composing is a lot of improvising and experimentation too, breaking limits you did not notice you had, refining and developing your particular thing.

E.g. I play arpeggiators as we did before sequencers became available to homestudios. No one think of this as a instrumental performance, but it is, and one where you indeed are going to find yourself composing unexpected tunes when you sooner or later get out of sync with that bloody robot. But sometimes the errors are those that survive in the composition and not the original intentions. Wouldn’t happen if I did not approach that crazy machine as something to be played in the first place but just programmed my prefab’ed ideas into a seq directly.

Return to “Music Theory”