How do you keep note of any ideas for melodies when you're out and about?

Chords, scales, harmony, melody, etc.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

If a melody is memorable try audiation (singing or humming it) multiple times. Then it will get stuck in your head.
Audiation....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMqOOokv4TM
Last edited by tapper mike on Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dell Vostro i9 64GB Ram Windows 11 Pro, Cubase, Bitwig, Mixcraft Guitar Pod Go, Linntrument Nektar P1, Novation Launchpad

Yeah, that works for me. Sometimes it came in a wholeness and it was good to really reinforce that, particularly the rhythm.

I record audio ideas, as well as create and store song lyrics, in Evernote, as it allows me access to all of my files via my primary computer-related tools (phone, PCs, chromebook, tablet, etc.).

I have a subscription to the Premium version, but there is a Basic free version available. However, I am unsure of the differences between the two plans, as I have always used the Premium version, but the Basic version might be worth investigation.

Distorted Horizon wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:42 pm
CircuitTree wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:54 pm I try humming random melodies and ideas into my phone's voice recorder, and was wondering what everyone else does to remember those ideas?
Recorder on the phone.. Those faces in public places where I "UAAAAAUUUU digi digi bräääääyyyyyymmmmm PRRRRRRRRR Wub wub iauiiiiii" :oops:
the braym bit after digi digi seems out of tune, maybe raise or lower by a semitone.

:lol:

Return to “Music Theory”