HELP! i need really consultation! Scales/Chord Progression plugin!

Chords, scales, harmony, melody, etc.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

ok guys i am learning still to play piano to learn chords and progressions, but being realistic i wont get done soon at all because of different reasons like focusing on other stuff more. so i need help/plugins with

1. PLAYING only in scale!
- what i do/did in fl studio was sometimes to set my root key to -1, -2 etc. ;D yeah simple but effective sometimes, but you got no real scale i guess? so i also got recently STUDIO ONE (not for the scales though) and you can set a scale there, awesome! but now i saw AUTOTONIC and this seems to be A HEAVEN for set up a scale and play only with white keys and be in harmony?
noob question, does autotonic have all/most scales? so i could theoretically do typical EDM scales and also BLUES scales?

2. having the option to play in this selected scale and/or have a chord progression!
- ok let's say AUTOTONIC fulfilled my scale problems and i dont need anything else for it only learn it without a plugin! how can i now have a chord progression? i saw many vsts like scaler and captain chords and now it comes. would it be wise to get captain chords and combine it with autotonic? so i am in scale with white keys and have also a chord progression without having to know the circle of fifths ?

of course i continue to learn, to not being relying to plugins etc. but so far i wanna use stuff like that also to get some inspiration and learn more about the stuff
thanks so much!!!!!!! :tu:
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

do you have a midi keyboard or are you piano-rolling this?

chord progressions aren't related to the circle of fifths in the way that you seem to think it is. it's completely optional. focus hard on your theoretical knowledge for now...

also what's this about "FL not having scales I guess"? FL has everything, gotta rtfm a bit.

Return to “Music Theory”