Good resource for learning piano?

Chords, scales, harmony, melody, etc.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Yousician is a good resource but getting a teacher is the best option, even if you can only afford one lesson a month.

Currently trying to turn noise into music. :neutral: Is boutique the new old?

ya dont need no lessons

Youtube has a lot of free piano content. Udemy has a great piano course for like $10 on sales? Called pianoforall. Its highly reviewed and a ton of content.

Piano Booster - free and cross platform.
https://www.pianobooster.org

Not sure exactly what your theory knowledge is but a good start is to translate what you know/the songs you play on your guitar and learn them on the piano whether its by learning them on youtube or sitting down by a piano (with a guitar near) and go from there. Being a musician already gives you an advantage, now its about finding the similarities and using that

SoundCloud
"I believe every music producer inherently has something unique about the way they make music. They just have to identify what makes them different, and develop it" - Max Martin

AnalogGuy1 wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:54 am Here's my story. Maybe helpful or not; I certainly don't mean to imply it is the only way that works. I tried learning piano from books and then online resources for about 20 years, and, although I could play a few recognizable songs, I could not just sit down at a piano and play well enough to be paid. I then tried a few lessons with a physical teacher who showed me my hand position was wrong, my posture was wrong, my elbow movement while playing was wrong - pretty much all the stuff I never paid attention to was wrong. She showed me the feeling of the wrist-drop, how to lead with the elbow, how to feel the weight balance along my shoulder.

I'm not denying the value of online course materials - I am working through PianoWithWillie.com and find it fantastic - but without starting with a live teacher I'd never be playing out in a rock covers band now. (Pro players may dislike playing weddings, but I find them an awesome rush!)
This.
The physical/ergonomic stuff is important!
It’s also the reason that there’s not much point in the taking of lessons for myself.
This bod I live in was severely compromised in 2005 by having a 44 tonne truck park on top of it (more or less, I and my car were squished between the truck and a handy tree).
As much as I’d like to take piano lessons, the act of sitting up straight and having correct posture, just ain’t going to happen. I’ve recently been contemplating buying the relatively new Roland FP30X and just going at it the best I can manage but I probably haven’t the finger/wrist strength for ‘piano action’ anyway.
Hopefully I’ll be able to reach aftertouch level on the Linnstrument I just bought instead.
I'm tired of being insane. I'm going outsane for some fresh air.

I strongly recommend Yousician, and Simply Piano apps for PC and MAC. They are so fun to use and learn with.

Curious as well on this. I used JustinGuitar to learn to play guitar. Is there any similar service for piano?

I recommend avoiding the apps and learning the "old fashioned way", preferably with a teacher, and using all the YouTube resources along the way.

Best to use a method you find fun though, efficiency isn't important if you lack the motivation and inspiration

javierosr wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:33 pm http://teoria.com
Great resource, thanks for the link.

Return to “Music Theory”