Get our Ultimate Producers Desktop Wallpaper for free!

Chords, scales, harmony, melody, etc.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey guys!

We have assembled what we think is the Ultimate Producers Wallpaper for you to liven up your desktop. Aside from looking pretty, it gives you essential music-making and engineering information at a glance to help you make better music.

Features:
Frequency chart with descriptor words for ranges.
Song structure examples.
Chord/key chart (circle of 5ths).
Few tips from us!

Comes with 3 color variations and in 4k and common laptop resolution (MacBook). Also includes a transparent version so you can make your own background.

Download it for free from the website here. Enjoy!
www.algonaut.tech/free-wallpaper

spamtastic

Free my ass..

This is taken from their site.

Screen Shot 2018-10-21 at 9.40.46 PM.png
HOWEVER if you really want this but don't want to use your own email ... then

voila

https://temp-mail.org/

Use this thingy :D

I got my free download.. in my (cough..) email..
Screen Shot 2018-10-21 at 9.44.47 PM.jpg
see?
Screen Shot 2018-10-21 at 9.46.52 PM.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
:borg:

But....but...these wallpapers are kind of ugly. Will they really save my music? How?

It will save you from worrying about song form forever! It's all right there, all the cookie-cutters one will ever require in their quest to be a "Producer".

It is great then :tu: I see that I can actually remember to add drums, bass, chords, lead and vocals when writing a song by counting my fingers. Well, on one hand at least but it’s still great because I frigging forget one or two of them all the time.

I'm guessing this didn't go the way they'd hoped.... :wink:

Then again, considering the wallpapers are available in a "common laptop resolution"--but only if you're on a MacBook--I don't have much sympathy for them.

Steve
Here's some of my stuff: https://soundcloud.com/shadowsoflife. If you hear something you like, I'm looking for collaborators.

shway!

"Free" as in - not

IncarnateX wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:58 pm It is great then :tu: I see that I can actually remember to add drums, bass, chords, lead and vocals when writing a song by counting my fingers. Well, on one hand at least but it’s still great because I frigging forget one or two of them all the time.
I didn't look hard enough, surely. There's apparently a difference between
MELODY (LEAD) layer and VOCALS (DYNAMICS) layer I somehow missed.
You may need to be a Producer to know these things.

And who knew there was such an overlap there of the WHACK and TINNY ranges?

I think I may use that in future 'Not enough WHACK!'.
"I'm guaranteeing you'll find sufficient WHACK in this, my latest track."

IncarnateX wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:30 am But....but...these wallpapers are kind of ugly.
Extremely ugly and spectacularly useless.
Follow me on Youtube for videos on spatial and immersive audio production.

Get our Ultimate Producers toilet paper for free!

:o
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

It’s not as bad as all that. But while we’re on the subject, can anybody recommend other wallpapers? I’d love to have notes to hz conversions and bpm/note value to ms conversions in a wallpaper. Also, the frequency range mapped across the keyboard with common descriptors in these is actually helpful.

Ok Im going to jump in and wear the heat for a bit. I was the one who put the wallpaper together. I used to teach electronic music to dozens of DJs, many who went on to do pretty well in NZ and Australia. The reason why I put that hand in there was because you would be amazed how many people write 2 bass lines, 3 melodies, and 4 layers of harmonics and progressions and wonder why they are struggling to get their song to sound cohesive. The point, which i guess I failed to get across, is that you really only need 1 solid idea for each to make a decent hit. In most cases anyway. Same with the song structure. A lot of people have no idea about the basics of verses vs chorus etc. I thought it might be handy to see some examples. Good songs are simple!

And colors. Yeah i hear you. The cyan/pink is currently a company color thing. But thats why i included the .png transparency so people can make their own color schemes.

Yeah not sure how well this campaign has gone haha. Bit divisive!
Last edited by timnoric on Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

"you would be amazed how many people write 2 bass lines, 3 melodies, and 4 layers of harmonics and progressions and wonder why they are struggling to get their song to sound cohesive."

I wouldn't be surprised even a little bit.

"Good songs are simple!"*
- except when they're not.

"The point, which i guess I failed to get across, is that you really only need 1 solid idea for each to make a decent hit."

My objection should be clear from the jokes, but the content of the images indicates a certain *pandering to a certain segment of the community here and these remarks only reinforce the impression.

But to begin with: no commentary, just "hey guys..." and a promotion of a download. Really?
Does one end up on a mailing list which functions to where they receive more promotion? This is where people get 'not really free, is it.'. So as a just sayin', if not Pro Tip: perhaps (and this can be just me, I'm not in charge of anything nor desirous to be) Music Theory forum deserves a little more respect.

Return to “Music Theory”