Is it musically more correct to begin a cadence with the tonic or end with it?

Chords, scales, harmony, melody, etc.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

given the "fractal" (oops, i guess i could just say RECURRING) nature of pitch, i'd say any (either) direction will get there.

i'll tell you whut music theory,

i've built several algorithmic composition systems, never like eric morabito did, but in all the ones i've done, the most interesting results were produced by unweighted progression rules. i think it's possible there may be some relation between interest regions of algorithmic music and of cultural. but i don't think cultural has the perspective on itself algorithmic has.
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

you could do both in a song....the unresovled cadence should be in the middle of the song...and the resolved one should be at the very end....to syomoblize resolutin....unless you dont want that and you want to leave it unresolved......if its a happy song...prolly leave it resolved...if its more sad or melancholy maybe lkeave weak..
Sincerely,
Zethus, twin son of Zeus

tapper mike wrote:If we treat a full cadence resolution as the story ending on a "happy note". All stories don't end on a happy note [...]. Not all good story telling requires ending on a happy note.
For the better good I'm gon' necro the thing. One can absolutely have a 'happy ending' on V. It depends on the writing and what happens before this move. It's not even unusual.

https://youtu.be/53YE6zHX1_o?t=0s

in theory it could be either but great music is not just made in theory thats why theories are not called facts. do what sounds best for the composition , melody, harmony , vocals , song

Return to “Music Theory”