Familiar with DoMaj?

Chords, scales, harmony, melody, etc.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

What does it do? I dowloaded it thinking it was some kind of MIDI effect that would transpose midi notes written in C Maj to other scales. Instead I find it's a VSTi... ??? What does this little VSTi actually do? He has other VSTi plugins such as MIDI step sequencers.

How would I go about using one of these to sequence an actualy VSTi that makes noise?

I thought exactly the same thing..... ie i thought i could just rip on the white keys and it would automatically sharpen or flatten the notes of my choice, enabling transposition.

For example i love A Harmonic Minor, but im a guitarist so that one black key always slows me right down, as opposed to A Aeolian .... i thought this plug would be perfect.

so i lobbed into the VST plugs folder and it showed up "orange" in the Plug list in nuendo. this means that nuendo can see it but cannot use it, ie it doesnt work.

Can the coder come to this thread and give us a detailed rundown, even if only for the benefit of the OP and myself?

FTR i thought it was a midi plug .... i still sorta do :help:
Prestissimo in Moto Perpetuo

Totally...

For someone who a) does not play keys, and b) is trying to learn music theory, a little VST that enabled realtime transposition would be AMAZING.

I would love to be able to jam for a little bit and then test out other keys/scales to see how the transposition affects the feel/vibe.

I figured it out!!! (I'm using Cubase 4 btw)

You will need 2 midi tracks - one for your instrument, and one for DoMaj.

For the DoMaj MIDI track, set it's outpout to the DoMaj VSTi. For the instrument MIDI track, set it's input to be the DoMaj VSTi, and it's output to your VSTi Instrument.

WALAH!

Works just as advertised. You'll need BOTH MIDI tracks set to monitor/record, but it works PERFECTLY. Hit record and you get both the original and transposed MIDI tracks.

I think I'll try that, as I'm in a similar boat as you.

But what I'm curious about is how well it handles variations from C Maj. Like a bunch of my stuff goes back and forth between C Major to A minor... Or maybe that's not even an issue since it's still effectively the same scale?

I'm still getting my head around this stuff.

agentsanchez wrote:I figured it out!!! (I'm using Cubase 4 btw)

You will need 2 midi tracks - one for your instrument, and one for DoMaj.

For the DoMaj MIDI track, set it's outpout to the DoMaj VSTi. For the instrument MIDI track, set it's input to be the DoMaj VSTi, and it's output to your VSTi Instrument.

WALAH!

Works just as advertised. You'll need BOTH MIDI tracks set to monitor/record, but it works PERFECTLY. Hit record and you get both the original and transposed MIDI tracks.

well done ..... indeed it DOES work :-o

Thanks! :D
Prestissimo in Moto Perpetuo

Im looking for the 1st release of Domaj, the latest (and disappeared) version crashes with multiple instances. Anyone has 1st version still around ? If so, would you be able to upload it somewhere ?

thx in advance

Apologies for the 10 year necro but does anyone have a copy of this ancient VST in their collection? I've a few achived tracks I want to 'remaster' that used it extensively but it looks like the site is long gone....Think it was a self contained .dll without any other external files

Return to “Music Theory”