Musical Palette - Melody Composing Tool.

Chords, scales, harmony, melody, etc.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I am sorry, ilyash. I am very sorry. I have downloaded your soft, but why a so complicated thing to do something so natural for a "normal musician" : composing a motive, and playing it in several chords and tunes? That is all the music!! That is effectivly the ruch of everything.

I did not tried yet to learn really to use your soft. But an arranger doen't it do the same thing easier?

I have realised an "Arpegio Sequencer" in that mind. You compose a motive on the panel of the instrument, and you play chords on the keyboard to transpose and tune it. It is really musical too because music is that. After, you can work on amplifications or eliminations, on supperpositions of several motives, and so on... That what composing is.

I'll try to find time enough to try your soft. Try my "Arpegio Sequencer " (Be carefull, the output of this is a MIDI code to be plyed by another synth. No problem with Cubase : the routing of the MIDI codes is excellent. Some could not use it. It is on : http://www.hervenoury.com ) Could you do "simply" an interface for the several motives, and one for the chords? That is what you did, but the panel is not easy, or "intuitive" to read.

I am sorry to tell you that because I know that you spent a lot of time programming this soft. Good luck anyway!!
Electro-symphonic poems on www.hervenoury.com.

H.Noury wrote:I am sorry, ilyash. I am very sorry. I have downloaded your soft, but why a so complicated thing to do something so natural for a "normal musician" : composing a motive, and playing it in several chords and tunes? That is all the music!! That is effectivly the ruch of everything.
There are many people which do no know how to compose melodies. My program for these people.
H.Noury wrote: But an arranger doen't it do the same thing easier?
The goal of the program to help compose melodies. Arranger does not help to compose melodies. The goal of arranger is arrangement of composition.[/quote]
H.Noury wrote: I did not tried yet to learn really to use your soft.
The program has very simple and intuitive interface. Also there are demo-scripts, which show how to use interface of the program and how to compose melodies.
H.Noury wrote: Try my "Arpegio Sequencer"
Sorry, but i did not found "Arpegio Sequencer" on your site.

ilyash wrote: Sorry, but i did not found "Arpegio Sequencer" on your site.
http://www.hervenoury.com/librairie.htm
Click on the one which reads "Free VSTi Synthesisers For PC."

I can't find the arpeggio sequencer download link

ilyash wrote:
stanlea wrote:What's the differences between the 2 programs ?
Musical Palette 3.7 has more advanced interface. Idea of the new program is very simple intuitive interface.
and very easy it is to use too, but it seems to me that from playing with the demos of both the Melody composing tool is the one to go for, for more choices over the creation of my melody ?

I couldn't see anywhere on your website however about how that version Melody composing tool exported it's midi data, does it also export chords, melody and bass ?

Still got to play some more, but think I'll be snapping up one or the other, if only the Melody Palette 3.7 had a few more options for variation and the choices of alternatives like V4.3.3 as I do prefer it's interface.

But both are great fun to use.

Any tips on how to get the melodies sounding less classical ;) ?

Nev
I span the genres, they call me the genre spanner.

Nev wrote: and very easy it is to use too, but it seems to me that from playing with the demos of both the Melody composing tool is the one to go for, for more choices over the creation of my melody ?
Sorry, i do not understand your question. Can you explain your question more detailed?
Nev wrote: I couldn't see anywhere on your website however about how that version Melody composing tool exported it's midi data, does it also export chords, melody and bass ?
Program has option "Export to (*.mid)".
See main menu of the program File->Export to (*.mid)... menu item. Exported file contains three tracks: melody, chords, bass. This option is enabled only for registered version.
Nev wrote: Any tips on how to get the melodies sounding less classical ;) ?
:) it is not classical melody, it is children's(very simple) melody.
You need to spend a few hours to compose a good melody.

ilyash wrote:
Nev wrote: and very easy it is to use too, but it seems to me that from playing with the demos of both the Melody composing tool is the one to go for, for more choices over the creation of my melody ?
Sorry, i do not understand your question. Can you explain your question more detailed?
My fault there should be a comma in there after both. But basically I was trying to say that the melody composing tool 4.3.3 seems to be the better version to use rather than palette 3.7 for more advanced options ?
Nev wrote: I couldn't see anywhere on your website however about how that version Melody composing tool exported it's midi data, does it also export chords, melody and bass ?
ilyash wrote: Program has option "Export to (*.mid)".
See main menu of the program File->Export to (*.mid)... menu item. Exported file contains three tracks: melody, chords, bass. This option is enabled only for registered version.
Again my fault I was referring to Melody composing tool 4.3.3 here, not palette.
Nev wrote: Any tips on how to get the melodies sounding less classical ;) ?
ilyash wrote: :) it is not classical melody, it is children's(very simple) melody.
You need to spend a few hours to compose a good melody.
and indeed, very true :D
I span the genres, they call me the genre spanner.

Is it just me or is the arpegio sequencer monophonic only? Trying to get it to work in eXT 1.4 and 2. Anyone know how to get it working properly?

Thanks
stay juicy!

Nev wrote: My fault there should be a comma in there after both. But basically I was trying to say that the melody composing tool 4.3.3 seems to be the better version to use rather than palette 3.7 for more advanced options ?
Each program have own strong sides. The Palette 4.4.3 has 24 methods of motive development and supports different measures.
Musical Palette has advanced and very simple interface. The Program supports 12 methods of motive development, but all these methods are very effective, and give very colourful melody development

Just a note of appreciation for the enjoyment of exploring the "Musical Palette." My training is limited, so your software is helping and instructing me also. Thank you for your efforts. Put a PayPal button on your site, if you want monetary encouragement, otherwise, thank you.
Paul

Hi there, I was toying with this software and found it interesting. I like the process it uses for creating motifs.
It appears that the site got hacked...
Last edited by Auplant on Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

delete

The Site is DEAD.

I'm late chiming in here, but anyway, you can get to the website's contents and download the programs if you use archive.org .

Return to “Music Theory”