Musical Palette - Melody Composing Tool.

Chords, scales, harmony, melody, etc.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

ilyash wrote: C-dur (C Major) tonality, T5/3 ( C in guitar notation), T7 (CMaj7) and so on. e-moll (e - minor), T5/3 ( Em in guitar notation), T7 (EmMaj7)
Is the software all written like these examples? (the out brackets ones)

tonAP wrote:
ilyash wrote: C-dur (C Major) tonality, T5/3 ( C in guitar notation), T7 (CMaj7) and so on. e-moll (e - minor), T5/3 ( Em in guitar notation), T7 (EmMaj7)
Sorry, i do not understand. Is there something wrong?

tonAP wrote:
C-dur, T5/3, T7, e-moll, it is notation that in used in theory of harmony.
T - means tonic (first scale degree), dur - major, moll - minor, 5/3 is triad, 7 is seventh chord.

Hey, this looks like an interesting tool. Is it capable of sensible yet disorienting progressions often found in Jazz/Fusion/Bebop?

Uh, I'm checking now the manual.
what a great resource of music theory! :o
Bigup for that, I've never seen such usable docs about voice leading for eg.

Thanks again, I will check the sw too. :oops:

MaliceX wrote:Hey, this looks like an interesting tool. Is it capable of sensible yet disorienting progressions often found in Jazz/Fusion/Bebop?

Yes, there is possibility to switch off all rules, it allows to select any available chord in the tonality of the melody, in any order.

ilyash wrote:Yes, there is possibility to switch off all rules, it allows to select any available chord in the tonality of the melody, in any order.
Aha Bingo!
stay juicy!

ilyash wrote: C-dur, T5/3, T7, e-moll, it is notation that in used in theory of harmony.
T - means tonic (first scale degree), dur - major, moll - minor, 5/3 is triad, 7 is seventh chord.
Yes i know some basics like tonic, scale degrees, intervals, (sub-)dominant etc.. just "dur, moll" i didn't know about: what language is it? Doesn't seems english (french?). Also i was confused by the misleading similitude: moll-bemolle, dur-diesis (italian)..if ya know what i mean.. :help: :hihi:

tonAP wrote:just "dur, moll" i didn't know about: what language is it?
It's german.
There are 3 kinds of people:
Those who can do maths and those who can't.

It's german.
Looking at the software's snapshot (on first post of this thread) , it seems all written in english... so why does he *insert* that german terminology? I mean lets stay international-english just to avoid misleading situations.. ok?

It is notation from the 'Harmony' textbook. I think, it is international notation that is used in the classical harmony.

ilyash wrote:
It is notation from the 'Harmony' textbook. I think, it is international notation that is used in the classical harmony.
...thought *international* was major, minor. But I could be wrong of course!
Anyone else on this?

Some notation seem slight different. Just have to adjust your thinking for some I guess ;)
stay juicy!

tonAP wrote: ...thought *international* was major, minor. But I could be wrong of course!
Anyone else on this?
I think ilyash is right when it comes to classical theory stuff, german terms have been used for quite some time, even in non-german books.
But I totally agree that in any newer publications (or, as in this case, programs) major and minor should be used.
There are 3 kinds of people:
Those who can do maths and those who can't.

Sascha Franck wrote:I think ilyash is right when it comes to classical theory stuff, german terms have been used for quite some time, even in non-german books.
Maybe you & ilyash are referring to Shonberg's harmony treatise.. right? Hmm it sounds like "das ist da harmony *Bunderstag*" (sorry i'm not german :-)
But there are tons of other musical terms like barocco, rococò; as much as dynamics: piano-forte-fortissimo; andante-allegretto.. if you see what i mean: if I code a music-software that shows G bemolle, you(german) could say: he's referring to G moll; no It would be G minore! This is classical stuff and those terms have been used for quite allot of time too!:
Sonata in Sol bemolle minore.
But I totally agree that in any newer publications (or, as in this case, programs) major and minor should be used.
That's the point: you (he) want more and more people (users?) understanding, not misleading.. so my suggestion is pure&simple: international=english.
(Which I hate btw: A, B, C, what the hell! I like: LA, SI, DO!!!)
Last edited by tonAP on Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Music Theory”