Musical Palette - Melody Composing Tool.

Chords, scales, harmony, melody, etc.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

1-2-Many wrote:
ilyash wrote:
The component that shows structure of the melodies (in the left part of the main window) allows navigate through melody. Press on the rectangle with name 'Phrase2', program scrolls the stave to the 5th motive.

That's understood - I'm just looking for a way to easily audition next/previous motives.

Ok. But from my point of view, it is unnecessary feature of the interface.

asbfly wrote:These apps look very cool!
Thank you!!!

ilyash I can see that your dead set in the way you want your app to be used. Thats fine. If you are planning on upgrading it (which ofcourse is tottaly up to you), I'm wondering if you could please add the capability to sync to my main Host or vice versa sync an external clock to it.

Thanks again.
stay juicy!

Melodies of the demos are very "Eurovisionb like" tunes : comfortable, lovely, but far away from any personal thing!:hihi:
I'll try the soft.
I hope that I will have finished for september a theorical book about music. The law of harmony will be larger than just the 3 notes chord classical theory... It will present the good relations between rythm, melody and harmony that will be "harmony".
Electro-symphonic poems on www.hervenoury.com.

H.Noury wrote:Melodies of the demos are very "Eurovisionb like" tunes : comfortable, lovely, but far away from any personal thing!:hihi:
I'll try the soft.
I hope that I will have finished for september a theorical book about music. The law of harmony will be larger than just the 3 notes chord classical theory... It will present the good relations between rythm, melody and harmony that will be "harmony".
:clap: OMG you read my mind. Try to find a plugin or software now a days that breaks this concept and you'l be looking for a looonnnnng time (with no success). It comes down to having to have a DIY ethic after the fact ;).

BTW would love to read that book!
stay juicy!

Optomadic wrote:ilyash I can see that your dead set in the way you want your app to be used. Thats fine. If you are planning on upgrading it (which ofcourse is tottaly up to you), I'm wondering if you could please add the capability to sync to my main Host or vice versa sync an external clock to it.

Thanks again.
Syncing to host is exactly what I'm looking for. I've had the Palatte for a few years which I like the program except everytime I hit the midi button the software completely freezes which really makes it unusable for me.

Optomadic wrote:I'm wondering if you could please add the capability to sync to my main Host or vice versa sync an external clock to it.
Ok. Thanks for the suggestion.

H.Noury wrote:I hope that I will have finished for september a theorical book about music. The law of harmony will be larger than just the 3 notes chord classical theory... It will present the good relations between rythm, melody and harmony that will be "harmony".
Please read my textbook, http://www.palette-mct.com/manual_eng/t ... tents.html, first chapther describes theory. Part of the manual that describes composition methods is created on the base of 'Basics of Composition' texbook by E. Messner, it is very good textbook, but unfortunately only russian edition of the texbook exists.

ilyash wrote:
Optomadic wrote:I'm wondering if you could please add the capability to sync to my main Host or vice versa sync an external clock to it.
Ok. Thanks for the suggestion.
:tu:
stay juicy!

Still for the life of me cannot get my own custom chord progs into the motifs.

For instance just recorded this freehand.

Ebadd9 or Bb6sus4
Gm7 or Bb6
AbMaj
Gm
C7sus11

Then tryed to assign each in a separate motif. But cannot find the assignment :bang:

What am I missing here ilyash :?
stay juicy!

Is it simple enough to understand for harmony and theory idiots (like I am), especially for those, who're not that fond of the confusion with the latin and english descriptions?
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Compyfox wrote: the confusion with the latin and english descriptions?
Kinda: DO = C, RE = D etc.. then there is SI = B = H? AARRG! :hihi:

Optomadic wrote:.....But cannot find the assignment :bang:

Not ilyash, but did you try the reset button in the chord window? (bottom square)

Optomadic wrote:Still for the life of me cannot get my own custom chord progs into the motifs.

For instance just recorded this freehand.

Ebadd9 or Bb6sus4
Gm7 or Bb6
AbMaj
Gm
C7sus11

Then tryed to assign each in a separate motif. But cannot find the assignment :bang:

Sorry, i do not understand your question.
Do you understand how to work Chord Editor?
I mean Chord Editor build chords of melody key. For example,
melody is created in the C-dur (C Major) tonality, then chord Editor build triad on the fisrt scale degree T5/3 ( C in guitar notation), T7 (CMaj7) and so on. There are ~20 chords. Or, for example, the melody is created in the e-moll (e - minor), then Chord editor build triad on the fisrt scale degree T5/3 ( Em in guitar notation), T7 (EmMaj7) and so on.
So, press 'new' button, then select tonality, that your chord progression is used , then open Chord Editor and select chords, which are available for this tonality. I already answered to you, that program does not support 'complex' chords. Program supports only main used triads and seventh chords of the key.
Last edited by ilyash on Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:27 am, edited 2 times in total.

1-2-Many wrote:Not ilyash, but did you try the reset button in the chord window? (bottom square)
ilyash wrote:..press 'new' button, then select tonality, that your chord progression is used , then open Chord Editor and select chords, which are available for this tonality.
:dog: AH HA ok these 2 answers in conjuction with loading up the demo gave me the answer I need :D!

I was playing into it thinking it would automatically record and detect the chord :oops:.

Thanks guys!

Ok so no big 'modal interchange' chords then! I get ya ilyash ;).
stay juicy!

Return to “Music Theory”