Musical Palette - Melody Composing Tool.

Chords, scales, harmony, melody, etc.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

1-2-Many wrote:Is there a way to create tempo and key changes? What about a time signature other than 4/4?
Unfortunatelly, no.
1-2-Many wrote: Also, an auto framing feature would be nice in the main window, for example if I click on motive 4, contiguous motives should be clickable.
Can you describe more detailed your suggestion? (Maybe some screenshot).

chardin wrote:This is a fun tool. I'll have to play with it a bit more.
Any chance for some different color schemes? The pastels are a bit bright after a while.
:) Nevertheless, I like design of the program.

ilyash wrote: Can you describe more detailed your suggestion? (Maybe some screenshot).

Easy - say I click on motive 4 - the screen should frame so that I can now see motive 3 on the left and 5 on the right. Currently there are times when getting to the next/previous motive requires you to go down and fiddle with the scroll bar.

Are there plans to include key, tempo, and time sig capabilities?

Ok I've had a chance to play around with this a bit and it is very promising! The melody progs work great and give instant inspiration to supplied chords.

I am however having some problems figuring out how to lay down more complex chd progs.

Heres an example of a typical chd prog style I would play:

F#m6 or D#m7
E9sus4 or A6sus4 add9
E6/9 or F#9sus4 or B6sus4 add9
power C# with a B
Em9
F#m

I play very complex chords. Any idea of how I can get set them to each motif?

Thanks
stay juicy!

Optomadic wrote:power C# with a B
:?:

Ok replace that with a C#7sus4 C#7sus11 .

Also would be nice to be able to apply inversions automatically :).
stay juicy!

Sorry I tend to call D flats C# btw :hihi:

So C# F# G# & B is what I originally meant to say.
stay juicy!

Optomadic wrote: C#7sus4 C#7sus11
Ah ok: now it makes sense! I was worried thinking about: "OMG i'm getting old: just can't figure out what the hell is a [power C# with a B]?".
So yessir: you play complex chords, but please lets avoid over-complex chord's mark. :hihi:

:lol:

Any way to get em to reproduce into Palette? What would be cool would be if you could play and name your own chords into it via an external controller. Then I could come up with my own daedalic & wacky power variations :hihi:
stay juicy!

1-2-Many wrote:Easy - say I click on motive 4 - the screen should frame so that I can now see motive 3 on the left and 5 on the right. Currently there are times when getting to the next/previous motive requires you to go down and fiddle with the scroll bar.
The component that shows structure of the melodies (in the left part of the main window) allows navigate through melody. Press on the rectangle with name 'Phrase2', program scrolls the stave to the 5th motive.[/quote]
1-2-Many wrote:Are there plans to include key, tempo, and time sig capabilities?

Yes, in the next versions.

Optomadic wrote::lol:

Any way to get em to reproduce into Palette? What would be cool would be if you could play and name your own chords into it via an external controller. Then I could come up with my own daedalic & wacky power variations :hihi:
You can use only chords, which program are provided. At present, there is no possibility to enter 'complex' chords. By the way, Chord Palette powerful enough. From the description of the program:
3. The program knows the most commonly used triads and seventh chords of the key. The program represents the chords in a four-voice form. The names of the voices are soprano, alto, tenor and bass. Any chord has many variants of an arrangement. For example: any chord note can be placed in the first position of the arrangement. The chord notes can be arranged adjacently (tight arrangement) or remotely (wide arrangement). The user can choose both the type of the chord and the arrangement of the chord.

4. The program understands the logic of the functional motion. That is, the program knows the rules, which describe how and in what sequence the chords appear in the chord progression. On each step, the program suggests only those chords, which are suitable for the current position in the chord progression.

5. The program understands the 'voice-leading' rules. The rules define how one chord notes transform to another chord notes. The chord progressions, where these rules are used, sound very harmonious.
Last edited by ilyash on Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ahh I see so lets just assume for a second I have a sixth appendix on my hands ;) :D.

How do I go about getting these chords into the program? Am I missing something??
stay juicy!

ilyash wrote:
The component that shows structure of the melodies (in the left part of the main window) allows navigate through melody. Press on the rectangle with name 'Phrase2', program scrolls the stave to the 5th motive.

That's understood - I'm just looking for a way to easily audition next/previous motives. The structure section although good and helpful fro jumping to sections doesn't accomplish this.

These apps look very cool! I will surely buy them after I play with them a little. I just hope you don't start some kind of VIP deal (not a good idea).

Congrats!

Optomadic wrote:Ahh I see so lets just assume for a second I have a sixth appendix on my hands ;) :D.

How do I go about getting these chords into the program? Am I missing something??
I answered on your question. Please see topic above.

Return to “Music Theory”