Synthmaster One DEMO crashing Logic 10.4.4

Official support for: kv331audio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I already sent this one to Support, but posting here just in case someone can help.

I dl-ed Synthmaster One today, installed it on my iMac (16GB RAM< running High Sierra), restarted (so Logic would rescan plugins), launched Logic, selected SM1 as the instrument, got the popup that launches Safari and goes to the KV331 site to buy. This causes Logic to crash as soon as the Safari window opens.

But...

1. Both AU and VST run fine in Live 9
2. If I use Nektar's Nektarine plugin host as the instrument in Logic I can open SM1 AU inside that and it works OK. But I get a prompt to send a crash log every time.
3. If I open SM1 VST inside Nektarine, it crashes.

I did read this thread but removing the XML file did not help.

Not getting a good feeling about purchasing SM1 right now :? Any ideas????
You're on a subliminal trip to nowhere

Hi there

SM1 has a problem inside Nektarine. That issue will be fixed in the next update v1.3.5
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

Thanks for the quick reply, kv331.

First of all, I shouldn't have brought up Nektarine...I don't actually use it but I was just trying it to see if the behavior was any different. That's not the issue.

OK, I deleted everything from SM1...the component, the VST, the patch directory, the document directory...and did a reinstall. This actually worked, when selecting SM1 as the instrument in a track Logic no longer crashes...great.

BUT!!!!!

There is an issue with Logic's built-in patch browsing system.

If I save any SM1 patch as a Logic patch (an .aupreset file), I get the same result: if I press any key, I now get the sound of a single waveform (at the correct pitch) that sustains forever. If I select a new patch within SM1 (with < or >), then behavior returns to normal. I am going to attach below the .plist file that Logic created for the SM1 patch "KEY Big Synth". Any SM1 patch I save as a Logic patch has the same issue.

I already own Synthmaster Player (full) and this does not have any problems with saving and loading Logic patches (as opposed to selecting patches within SM Player itself).

I use this feature to save my favorite patches as Logic patches so they will show up in Logic's browser and I can use my Nektar controller to scroll through them using the Patch +/- buttons. This works fine with ALL my synth plugins EXCEPT the SM1 demo. Is this a known issue?

The contents of the file "KEY Big Synth.aupreset":

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>ProgramNumber</key>
<integer>0</integer>
<key>manufacturer</key>
<integer>1798517553</integer>
<key>name</key>
<string>KEY Big Synth</string>
<key>subtype</key>
<integer>1399665001</integer>
<key>type</key>
<integer>1635085685</integer>