Engine Buffer Size

Official support for: kv331audio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm testing out Synthmaster 2.9 and noticed that Synthmaster bounces MIDI notes slightly too early. So transients in the audio file appear before the actual MIDI notes on the grid. The timing of the rendered notes vary in relation to the Engine Buffer Size settings. However, no matter which buffer size I choose the notes primarily sound slightly too early in the audio file.
Engine Buffer Size changes the internal buffer size globally. If set to Preset, the preset buffer size takes effect. There are 2 separate settings for realtime mode and offline mode. When the VST host is rendering a track to disk, the offline setting is used instead of the realtime setting. So, in realtime mode you can use large buffer size to save CPU cycles!
SynthMaster 2.9 User Manual
Can anyone give more information about buffer vs MIDI to audio timing or some insight into these Engine Buffer Size settings?

Timing will be better if the buffer size is set too small. However in Logic Pro X 10.4.7 the offline buffer size doesn't seem to apply for the "bounce in place" function as the timing only get better if I change the realtime buffer size in Synthmaster.

Does Synthmaster report false latency to the host (at all)? Is this a Logic specific thing? Any Synthmaster Logic users out there?

The bottom line: How can I create audio stems with Synthmaster that have correct timing?

I'm on macOS 10.14.6 in Logic Pro X 10.4.7 using Synthmaster 2.9.

Return to “KV331 Audio”