Synthmaster One Scales (Global/Preset)

Official support for: kv331audio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

First of all pretty new to the updates of this synth and I'm really enjoying the additional features in the latest version. In particular the selectable scales are very useful and inspiring.

I had an unexpected problem with this part of the plugin however. On one instance of the plugin I had a straight chromatic scale. I added a new instance on another track and wanted to set it to a pentatonic scale. Surprisingly for me this altered the first instances scale also. So the plugins are communicating in some way, and I thought perhaps this was due to Global being the default in the scale area. I tried selecting Preset and this resulted in the second instance playing chromatically as normal and not the pentatonic scale.

Am I missing a step in how this works or is this a bug? Being able to have different tunings per plugin seems a must.

Hi Farjedi,

Please make your scale changes in preset mode not in global mode. If you use ''global setting'' every SynthMaster track will use that scale.

All the best
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Hi, OK, makes sense. I'm not getting scale changes when I select it to preset so I'm stuck there.

For anyone still encountering this problem, the trick is to click the "Global" button, then click in the Scale Name box and select "Preset", which forces Global to defer to the scale selected in "Preset" mode.

You can then click the "Preset" button and select your desired scale.

Return to “KV331 Audio”