Synthmaster One Bugs

Official support for: kv331audio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello!

I have a couple problems while using Synthmaster One for PC (Windows x64) with:
  1. the waveshaper for the distortion effect, and
  2. sustaining soundwaves playing after you hit a key (which I don't really know if this is actually a bug or a feature.)
First, with the distortion effect, if you accidentally touch the distortion effect's waveshapper, even if you don't have the distortion effect turned on, it would mess up your sound, making it quieter or louder. Only fix would be to either try to put the node where it was at, which sometimes doesn't work for me, or to reset the distortion effect, which isn't ideal if you already have some parameters changed.

The next issue(?) is the sustaining background sound. After a key stroke, it continuously plays in the back ground. If the patch is polyphonic, the background noise stacks, if it is monophonic it sustains the last note played. This seems to happen whenever your unison for one of the oscillators is more than 1, or if the volume is high enough (In the video, with effects it gets to about ~1 db for it's max loudness, while no effects gets to ~19 db), as modulations stay on after a key press. Two unison isn't very audible, while 16 unison is.
And that's all, I couldn't find any fixes online so I don't know if it's on my end, but if it is, could I get some help please?

Thanks! :)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Rj5eYq ... sp=sharing
(Sent the URL cause I couldn't upload the .mp4 as an attachment, hopefully that's okay, and warning for the volume.)

Send your user name and licence email details to kv331 and I'm sure he'll sort you out. He usually goes above and beyond to help his customers.

Also, are you on 1.3.4 which was released a few weeks ago?
rsp
sound sculptist

Aliens wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 6:06 am Send your user name and licence email details to kv331 and I'm sure he'll sort you out. He usually goes above and beyond to help his customers.
Okay, I'll try and do that, thanks.
zvenx wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:40 pm Also, are you on 1.3.4 which was released a few weeks ago?
rsp
Yes I am, that's when I first noticed the sustaining sounds, that and I'm trying to get more familiar with SM One and 2.X, and SM 2.X doesn't have both the distortion and sound issue

Also, a side issue with a skin, which I don't know if it should be said here but since it's apart of Synthmaster I guess it's alright, is that with the satYatunes Blue skin, messing around with the lo-fi effect dials mess up the visual of it, and it doesn't go away until you restart Synthmaster One. I know it's a little issue so it's not that big of a deal, but it's semi annoying to see a full bright, janky visual, on my favorite skin too. :(

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ShFLe8 ... sp=sharing

hi guys,

just got back from hamburg, will take a look into those issues.
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

Return to “KV331 Audio”