Some minor bugs and quirks with SM2.9

Official support for: kv331audio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Running the most recent 2.9 version.
  • Change in certain mod targets does not properly refresh the source's visual indicator (the mod circle around the knob, that is) of the range of the modulation.

Specific examples: assign ADSR or LFO to modulate Cutoff. Immediately, you get a visual indicator (the mod circle) around the Cutoff knob, indicating the maximum range of the modulation. Trouble is, changing Envelope Amount for ADSR or Volume for LFO will not immediately refresh the visual indicator around the Cutoff knob. You can trigger the refresh by changing the Filter tabs back and forth, or by changing the mod amount knob (for the Cutoff parameter) in the mod matrix.
  • In the middle of turning any knob (that is, left click with the mouse, and drag, but don't release the mouse button), press Shift and drag the mouse in order to fine tune the knob. Unfortunately, this causes the knob to immediately revert to its initial position (before you started turning it), as opposed to fine tuning the knob from the point where you pressed Shift.
  • While turning the Filter's Cutoff knob, the indicator (the text box just below the patch name) shows weird and incorrect Hz values. For instance, turning the knob strictly to the left, in the lower ranges it can unexpectedly jump between 200Hz, 39Hz, 128Hz, all the while turning the knob to the left only. The values should be linearly decreasing though.
  • There's a weird quirk while deassigning modulation: let's assign SLFO1 to Filter's Gain. Now, deassigning it by setting the target to "--" in the mod matrix works as expected, no issues here. However, if you set the source to none, while keeping the target as is, it kinda goes a little weird. The Gain knob will still glow, indicating that it's being modulated, but the source is now set to none. If you now drag and drop SLFO1 to assign modulation, strange stuff might happen - it sometimes creates new modulation route to Filter's gain as target, but Source set as none. I've also had it assign seemingly random CC parameters (like Pan or Volume) as source, and again, this is while drag and dropping SLFO1 to Gain.
  • Double clicking on the mod curve in the mod matrix will not set it to 0, as expected, but instead to -64.
  • The Favourites bank for some reason is empty. All the favourite presets (which I've stored via right clicking on a preset and selecting Add * to Favourites) are stored under the Favourite attribute. Speaking of presets, there's this drop down menu when clicking on a preset name in the preset selection box, it has Recent Presets, My Favourites, and Templates sub menus for quick access, but it doesn't have "My Presets". Which would be pretty helpful (and even more helpful, it would be nice if there was an option to customize this menu).

Return to “KV331 Audio”