Quick question : How do you delete a modulation from the Matrix in SynthMaster 2.9?

Official support for: kv331audio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have tried right clicking, highlighting and hitting Delete on the keyboard and all manner of swearing, threatening and head-scratching - as well as Google searching and manual reading (strange - it is not in the SynthMaster manual - how to delete a modulation - hhhhmmmph!)
Anybody out there know?
Thanks!

I.J.

You have to manually zero it by resetting each of the fields. And if you have the matrix in autofilter mode and zero the source or destination that the matrix is currently filtered too, it will disappear because the matrix entry no longer references that element of the synth. IMO this is one of the worst workflow issues with Synthmaster in its current form.
Softsynth addict and electronic music enthusiast.
"Destruction is the work of an afternoon. Creation is the work of a lifetime."

There are two main desires, though.

One is to allow you to swap at least one thing (source, destination, via, type), which is what it does. If you want to change the source from LFO 1 to Modwheel, you can do it without changing everything else, which is great.

The other is to zero/empty the modulation slot. Which I agree is annoying if you have set the source to "None" it kind of implies the rest should be emptied/zeroed too.

I wouldn't mind this feature to be added but I'd like the current workflow to remain as well. Perhaps "None" could be changed to "reset all".

Awesome guys - thanks for the assist.
I will go on the Synthmaster site and enter a "Feature Request" to put a little minus sign to the right of the each slot so that you can simply click on that to remove any modulation that you don't want anymore.
But for now, thanks for showing me what needs to be done and that I am, in fact, not crazy, but am amazed at how they could get away with this inside such an amazing machine that does everything.....except....remove unwanted modulation ;-)

I J

Good point
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

Return to “KV331 Audio”