Some suggestions for future updates

Official support for: kv331audio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

some suggestions to further improve SynthMaster 2 :

- Pls have the pan settings show the 0 centered and perhaps have it go from -100 to +100.
Now the zero is all the way down and center is 64, making it very hard to know the exact settings,
since most if not all daws always show pan settings between -100 and +100 with 0 in the center.

- Pls have the Volume settings show the actual dB. Again as it is now it is very hard to know the exact number, we even have to do some calculating to figure it out.

- If we could double-click parameters and manually type in the values, we could set some parameters much more accurately, such as reverb and delay time, compressor settings, and so on. When we want say the reverb time 'in time' with the bpm, manually entering the value is necessary, since turning the knob isn't perfectly accurate.

- The ARP button should loose the REC toggle. Now every time we want to turn it OFF we need to toggle through REC first. The REC function should have its own button.

I hope this will be effected in the next version of SM2...it would facilitate a much improved workflow.

For me, I don't understand the EQ graphics! I read the small amount of info in the manual, but I might have missed something. I would prefer the frequencies be displayed, i.e., 60hz, 120hz, 240hz, 500hz, 1k, etc.. I understand EQ should be done with your ears not your eyes, but I would still prefer a visual guide, for matching/reproducing EQs and specific preferences in boosts and cuts.

I would also prefer the EQ graphic handles all be free roaming and not locked in (end handles) as they appear now. It's just the most confounding and frustrating graphic EQ I've ever experienced, right now.

I'd also like a grey (more neutral) skin, at lease for the overall background, with brighter knob and button labels (better contrast) especially on the grey labels. I've gone in and changed my copy (+66 contrast in PS), but I'd love too see these improvements available as a regular pre-made skin.

And finally, much larger parameter info (under the patch name at the top), I use this info so much!!!

Otherwise, it sure sounds great! :)

Thanks for the feedback guys. We'll take those into consideration.
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

Thank you!

I feel like any ideas I might suggest come with a preface, "I may have missed something" as I'm brand new to the word of Synthmaster.

A MUST HAVE feature for me - a delay or attack or both on the LFOs! SM1 has this, and I really need this on any SM2 update, please! I assume this is already under consideration, but I have to mention it. In fact, if I had known SM2 didn't have this relatively small feature, I might not have bought it (I assumed, as SM1 has it). Thanks!

SciFiArtMan wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:43 pm I feel like any ideas I might suggest come with a preface, "I may have missed something" as I'm brand new to the word of Synthmaster.

A MUST HAVE feature for me - a delay or attack or both on the LFOs! SM1 has this, and I really need this on any SM2 update, please! I assume this is already under consideration, but I have to mention it. In fact, if I had known SM2 didn't have this relatively small feature, I might not have bought it (I assumed, as SM1 has it). Thanks!
Just answered this on a separate thread: Hidden parameters :wink:
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

I saw that, and thanks! Sorry for the double posting, but it had been a few days and I was afraid my thoughts had gotten lost in the shuffle, and this is important to me. :tu:

Return to “KV331 Audio”