Problems using MPE with a Roli Rise 49

Official support for: kv331audio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm attempting to use Synthmaster 2.9 with a Roli Rise and there doesn't seem to be a lot in the manual that describes how it should be set up. I can't seem to get it to allow me to slide between notes while others remain at their original pitch.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

I can't check SynthMaster 2.9 now but on iOS SynthMaster One you have to have a preset in Poly mode and on Linnstrument >MPE mode activated<. Assuming it's the same with SM2.9 and Seaboard.

If you turn on "Map CC74 to CC1" (under settings), that SM will translate CC74 (poly expression) to CC1 so that you can use presets that have mod wheel modulations in MPE mode.
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

kv331 wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:19 am If you turn on "Map CC74 to CC1" (under settings), that SM will translate CC74 (poly expression) to CC1 so that you can use presets that have mod wheel modulations in MPE mode.
I saw that in the manual, but what I’m trying to do is something like holding down a chord with my left hand and soloing with my right, but sliding around pitch wise while the chord remains fixed. Is that possible?
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

I have a Seaboard block, but it should be the same:

In Synthmaster make sure under I/O settings Midi for the Roli is set to omni, and in the settings tab on the right that pitch bend range matches what the the Roli is set to (i.e. 24).

Everything else is set up in the Roli dashboard. Make sure it's set to MPE and the PB range is what you want.

drewfx wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:44 pm I have a Seaboard block, but it should be the same:

In Synthmaster make sure under I/O settings Midi for the Roli is set to omni, and in the settings tab on the right that pitch bend range matches what the the Roli is set to (i.e. 24).

Everything else is set up in the Roli dashboard. Make sure it's set to MPE and the PB range is what you want.
Maybe that is my problem. I’m not seeing where to change the MIDI mode to Omni... I’ll look again later.
Zerocrossing Media

I don't see a place to change the midi mode to omni...
Zerocrossing Media

No need, I figured it out. Bitwig changed where to set things since the last version. Got it! Thanks.
Zerocrossing Media

Awesome! I forgot to mention the pitch bend range tip, but drewfx already took care of it :tu:
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

kv331 wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:11 am Awesome! I forgot to mention the pitch bend range tip, but drewfx already took care of it :tu:
I know about the pitch bend, but it was that you used to be able to right click on a plugin instance and choose “force MPE” on a plugin, but now it’s in a separate pane.
Zerocrossing Media

Return to “KV331 Audio”