Extreme Amp Envelope Confusion in SM1

Official support for: kv331audio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm exceedingly confused by the way the amp envelopes work in SM1. Hopefully this critique is viewed as constructive feedback. I love the sound of the presets but I have real headaches with tweaking things because of some of these types of issues.

1) Initialize Patch
2) Move Amp Env 1 D, S and R to zero
3) Change attack to linear
4) As you vary the attack slider, the actual attack times are different than the display says they will be (in seconds). For example, "11 seconds" is more like 9.
5) With arp on, Amp Env 1 is being reset by each note that's triggered by the arp. So how would you go about making the arp pattern itself fade in and out then?
6) Filter 1 is off but its volume knob behaves as if it's still active.
7) The yellow modulation circle around Filter 1 volume (shown when Amp Env 1 is selected) backwards down to zero, but the amp envelope itself behaves as if it's positive unipolar. Why does dragging up on the yellow circle make it move backwards? Quite confusing overall.
8 If you change the yellow circle so it doesn't go all the way down to zero, the sound will go on forever. But the sustain is set to zero so this shouldn't happen.
9) What is the point of the "Amount" knob in Amp Env 1 if the yellow circle is used for filter 1 volume?
10) Why is it only possible to have a "fast-attack" or "linear" attack curve, but not a "slow attack", but then decay and release are the opposite?

Return to “KV331 Audio”