Congratulations on the new white Skin in 2.9.8!!!

Official support for: kv331audio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Just downloaded SynthMaster 2.9.8 and man this new white skin is a dream.
I wouldn't even have thought I would take to such a light skin, usually I prefer a dark look like Bitwig Studio, but this is brilliant.
I never did gel with the GUI of SynthMaster and therefore hardly ever missed it but this will make me have another look.
Very easy on the eyes while clear and very well thought out.
Running at 160% scale on a 30" monitor and it's bliss :tu:

I wouldn't say no to a dark variant of the same quality though ;-)

Thank you very much! I didn't expect this at all. Lifts SynthMaster to a new level visually!

... and the new presets are rad too :tu: :party: :phones: :clap:

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

I appreciate the effort but it is way to bright for me.

I much prefer a grey GUI. if the whole skin was the border grey color that would be a nice option.

Thanks guys! Maybe we can release another update with a new darker skin, who knows :)
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

:tu:

And any sounds from Mr. Schroeder will always be very welcome as well :-)

All the best,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

Looks cool, but I can't seem to access it on 2.9.8. Hm. :/
Nobody, Ever wrote:I have enough plugins.

zenophilix wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 2:36 am Looks cool, but I can't seem to access it on 2.9.8. Hm. :/
Try to download the full setup until I sort this out.
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

kv331 wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 6:36 am
zenophilix wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 2:36 am Looks cool, but I can't seem to access it on 2.9.8. Hm. :/
Try to download the full setup until I sort this out.
Turned out it was just the file permissions going screwy. My bad. :hihi:
Nobody, Ever wrote:I have enough plugins.

kv331 wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 8:55 am Thanks guys! Maybe we can release another update with a new darker skin, who knows :)
I'm very happy that the gui is getting such excellent attention, and diverse options, as I've always considered it to be an area that synthmaster 2 could fairly seamlessly increase its appeal.

My first inclination is to suggest a dark theme as well, taking note of the many developers who have been improving their dark themes (ableton live) and some even releasing their updated versions in a default dark theme (melda, tracktion, bitwig, blender) iirc.

A color picker would be very appreciated.
synthmaster dark skin ideas.png

Secondly, with the simplification of the modulation source tabs, offering many benefits, there is also the drawback that it requires 2 clicks.
I understand there are conflicting elements. An approach which incorporates some elements from previous versions of sm2 would be to have buttons for each page, and drag via the mod type label. Though not a perfect solution for everyone, it would increase the speed of workflow.
synthmaster mod tab workflow mod V2.png

Thankfully, I'm experiencing a much more responsive SM2 gui, overall.
There were many updates including system and graphics card updates this month, which also may have affected this.
Drag and drop from mod source tabs is much more responsive.
There is still some lag when adjusting points affecting displays such as envelopes, lfo shapes, osc index, while the filter responds more smoothly.

FX routing drag has a shorter delay, though there is still a hiccup.

On screens less than 1080p, a gui scale of ~80% might be very helpful.

Layers:
If I may humbly suggest that the previously touched mod source be saved in each layer, when changing pages.
This works well for filters and fx pages, however often I find myself accidentally adjusting the wrong envelope when I switch layers.

Due to the nature of the nested page gui, I suggest double clicking on fx in the layer window leads directly to that fx page.

Copy and pasting of a full layer would be of tremendous help.
The ability to save partial presets is very helpful, however on that note, there is an issue: deleting the partial presets, for example VLFO settings, does not remove them from the dropdown menu, even upon deleting and reloading the sm2 vsti.

Best wishes in any further developments.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
quick, _ake what you want in life

Return to “KV331 Audio”